Author Topic: SDC Resort Survey  (Read 1436 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
SDC Resort Survey
« on: October 06, 2023, 04:18:17 PM »
Received a Silver Dollar City survey email today -- mainly about a possible SDC resort. Had 4 different options of building design. Asked about perks I would value staying at the resort -- tickets for SDC, free parking, shuttle from the resort to the city, fast pass, show lovers pass, food package for the park, early admission to the park, etc. Average night rate would be $199.99.

There were also questions about how often I visited Branson, what attractions I visited, when was my last visit to SDC.

Anyone else get this survey?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Resort Survey
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 08:13:09 PM »
I didn’t get one.

However, our family can not wait for SDC to finally build a resort. If it is anything like the DreamMore it will be awesome. Even though we love about 40 minutes from SDC, if the average room price was in the $199-$250 range we would do around 4 staycations a year there.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 10:49:37 PM »
I'm very curious about the design options they presented.

I did not get one, I did a guest survey in early September but it was just a general how was your visit survey.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 11:59:46 AM »
The first design and the one that had the most questions about it was the Herschend, a 1950s style country estate. There was one that looked like something from a national park like Yellowstone, another one that focused on craftsmanship (had Chihuly type glass lighting fixtures), another one that reminded me of Adirondack style with lots of stone and wood.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 08:39:27 AM »
Interesting. We knew that a resort was in the works, but this is the first visible sign. Guessing we'll get an announcement sometime around August 2024.

Like the sounds of the craftmanship idea. We'll probably get a little of that mixed in with the Adirondack style I'm guessing, based on recent HFEC design trends.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 10:30:54 AM »
I need to go check my junk email....I couldn't tell you the last time I received any kind of survey in the email from Silver Dollar City.

Hopefully they have some cabin options - when we go to SDC we usually have a group of 8 or more, so hotel/resort rooms tend to be a bit expensive when you rent out three of them.

Jay

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2023, 07:36:41 PM »
Hopefully they have some cabin options - when we go to SDC we usually have a group of 8 or more, so hotel/resort rooms tend to be a bit expensive when you rent out three of them.

Jay

I would hope they are like great wolf lodge and have lots of rooms that sleep 5-8 people and maybe even some that go up to 10.

Something style wise that embraces craftsmanship, particularly using SDC crafts people to make some signature elements in the design would be awesome.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2023, 10:19:59 AM »
I would expect it to be very similar to what is offered at Dollywood. The new Heartsong Lodge has more suite options that go up to 6 people.

I fully expect and hope that it is way nicer than Great Wolf. We went to one a few years ago and probably won't ever go back.

I see it as filling a space between a nice standard hotel and Big Cedar Lodge. That is where we feel like the DreamMore falls and we love the DreamMore.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2023, 08:36:41 AM »
I need to go check my junk email....I couldn't tell you the last time I received any kind of survey in the email from Silver Dollar City.

I find it odd that I have been a season pass holder at SDC for 15+ years, and I get a lot more emails and marketing materials from Dollywood than I do SDC. Anyone else notice that?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2023, 09:10:19 AM »
^ We usually just get the Guest Survey in our email right after a visit to the park.  We almost never get surveys regarding resorts, etc.  My guess is that they have an algorithm that chooses who to send the surveys too.  The guest surveys we get always ask the question "How many were in your party- including yourself?"  Since we usually just have my wife and I- and sometimes our daughter- then we wouldn't have a party that needed a very large room or suite of rooms.  So, for that reason, we probably wouldn't make a primary list of guests to get an email regarding a resort.  Just a guess on my part.
I'm Your Huckleberry

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2023, 09:51:42 PM »
I find it odd that I have been a season pass holder at SDC for 15+ years, and I get a lot more emails and marketing materials from Dollywood than I do SDC. Anyone else notice that?
SDC knows they don't have to do anything to keep you, but Dollywood would love to have you as well.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2023, 09:26:41 PM »
I do everything I can do to avoid surveys and keep my information private and you guys are begging to give it away. 😂 I delete every survey I get from them and they still keep coming.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 10:55:22 AM »
^ We usually just get the Guest Survey in our email right after a visit to the park.  We almost never get surveys regarding resorts, etc.  My guess is that they have an algorithm that chooses who to send the surveys too.  The guest surveys we get always ask the question "How many were in your party- including yourself?"  Since we usually just have my wife and I- and sometimes our daughter- then we wouldn't have a party that needed a very large room or suite of rooms.  So, for that reason, we probably wouldn't make a primary list of guests to get an email regarding a resort.  Just a guess on my part.

It's just 2 of us -- my husband and me. I haven't had a season pass since 2021 although my husband had one in 2022. I used to frequently get the guest survey emails when I had a season pass, and on occasion received other surveys. Maybe they think a resort would help to lure me into buying a season pass again.

MoOzark

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I raised the Dizzy Dogs from little pups.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2023, 01:36:51 PM »
I didn’t get one.

However, our family can not wait for SDC to finally build a resort. If it is anything like the DreamMore it will be awesome. Even though we love about 40 minutes from SDC, if the average room price was in the $199-$250 range we would do around 4 staycations a year there.

Can someone post some pictures of the survey. I want to know what it looks like.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 10:50:29 AM »
Brad hinted at the resort during the presentation at Coaster Christmas. He didn't say much, other than the park had a TON of land to work with and a lot of exciting announcements to come.

I expect to see things moving out there next year, with an announcement towards end of year - maybe sooner. They are probably late into the design stage by now.