General Category > Other Parks

New Park - American Heartland in NE Oklahoma

(1/8) > >>

mg:
A new $2 Billion park was announced today for northeast Oklahoma. It is backed by the Mansion Entertainment Group from Branson. Currently, it is slated to open in 2026.

https://www.americanheartlandthemepark.com
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230719039822/en/American-Heartland-Announces-2-Billion-Theme-Park-and-Resort-Development-in-Northeast-Oklahoma

Lampie:
I'm not going to hold my breath that it actually happens. If it does, that's cool. But it seems like in the last 20 years most big projects like this get announced and don't even get to the moving dirt phase, or at best move some dirt but stop short of going verticle with construction.  4,000+ new jobs in NE OK would be nice.

I'm curious if it will get SDC to accelerate their expansion at all or if they will continue on their seemingly slow methodical plans for expansion.

mg:

--- Quote from: Lampie on July 19, 2023, 01:23:56 PM ---I'm curious if it will get SDC to accelerate their expansion at all or if they will continue on their seemingly slow methodical plans for expansion.

--- End quote ---

SDC had to have known that this announcement was happening; especially with the backing company being from Branson.

More and more I'm expecting SDC's announcement next august to be a larger long term plan like Dollywood typically does for their announcements. Hopefully we will hear more about the "planned unprecedented growth" that they kept teasing when talking about the parking lot remodel.

History Buff:
The initial problem with this is that it will have to be a local park.  There is no infrastructure to support it (i.e., hotels and other amenities) in the immediate area.  It could be a good thing for places like Joplin and Tulsa if they are able to draw visitors.

shavethewhales:
I don't think anyone who actually understands the industry is going to hold their breath about this. I think the result of this will be them building an RV park near grand lake and maybe some amenities like a small water park. Maybe they'll do OK with that, but most likely not since it's just not a big tourist area. There are a lot of Grand Lake people, but if you want to do well you need a really good location on the lake and it needs to be efficient and targeted to the local populace. This proposal is super generic. They want to take on Disneyworld on day 1. Very naïve to say the least.

The ownership group is... interesting. I almost don't want to get into it all, but just look up the Mansion businesses online and see if you can find much substance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version