Author Topic: A weird but interesting question...  (Read 4849 times)

Neil

• View Profile
A weird but interesting question...
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:41:34 PM »
I have a weird question, but I figure someone who reads these forums might know the answer.  Where does the water (drinking water) at SDC come from?  Is there a county water line that goes out to the park, do they have wells, or do they have a special permit that allows them to take it directly from the lake?  Also, are there full size utility tunnels under the park, or just individual pipes?  I know these are pretty weird questions, but I’ve always wondered about this.  I think it would be very cool if SDC had tunnels similar to Disney’s “utilidoors” underneath the park. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: A weird but interesting question...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:13:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure SDC's water comes from the main local lines. I've never seen any sort of pump set up near the park.

As for the tunnels, I know there's one running underneath the main square, but I don't remember the details. Other members will know.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
Sure, there are tunnels all under the park.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »
Isn't it called THE CAVE?

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:58:53 AM »
The “City” has wells.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 04:12:42 PM »
With all the crowds in December, I wondered how the whole sewage system works.  That has to be a crazy system.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 10:38:43 PM »
Man that is a lot of Guano...(i know that is officially Bats, but I thought it fit well). I have thought about this before honestly, with all the different and delicious foods people are exposed to here, people need to potty, it is a natural thing that rarely is thought about until there is a problem with the facilities. With so many facilities that are almost always kept is top shape (as far as Ive seen), it makes you thankful for those unseen team members that keep the place running smoothly (no puns intended)

DocSpeleo

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 02:30:45 PM »
I have a weird question, but I figure someone who reads these forums might know the answer.  Where does the water (drinking water) at SDC come from?  Is there a county water line that goes out to the park, do they have wells, or do they have a special permit that allows them to take it directly from the lake?  Also, are there full size utility tunnels under the park, or just individual pipes?  I know these are pretty weird questions, but I’ve always wondered about this.  I think it would be very cool if SDC had tunnels similar to Disney’s “utilidoors” underneath the park. 

I too wish we had utildoors!  I would like to bypass the crowds some days!

Also, there are huge underground tanks for all the people "mess" that water is cleaned up and forced into the cave water system and run over the waterfall.  That also helps to clean up and filter.. then it is sucked back up through pipes to where ever it is needed on park... believable?  lol

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 06:24:20 PM »
^Kinda like the chocolate lake in Willy Wonka's factor eh?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 07:47:36 PM »
"Augustus no don't drink the chocolate!" Kinda makes you wonder where the mystic river passages REALLY lead. So that's where the "mystery" passages go...A huge septic tank huh doc? :D

DocSpeleo

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 12:38:51 AM »
haha someone got the Willy Wonka Reference! YEAH! lol

and yes.. the mystic river isn't so pretty just a big septic system back there.  where do you think we go to the restroom when we're cleaning down there for 8 hours after park closes in the summer? lol
JUST KIDDING! *i know my boss may be reading this lol