Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39681 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2023, 01:55:00 PM »
Sounds like I may be in the minority on the forum. I would love to see it upgraded with a new, modern, and reliable shooting system along with an overall update much like what Fire in the Hole is getting. Our family loves shooting rides and is really something that we missed when visiting Dollywood. A fun and reliable shooting ride is very re-rideable.

Now if it was truly upgraded to something more along the ride experience of Pirates where there are a few small drops, more effects throughout, and more of a story, I could get behind that... but I think that the park could still use a shooting ride.

...back to 2024.

It will be interesting to see how the early access goes with those that buy passes during the presale. It was kind of a mess with Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood this year. I am guessing that SDC will adjust their messaging around it to avoid some of the issues that Dollywood had with it.

I agree with you.  We love the guns too (that is when they work  ::))
I'm Your Huckleberry

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2023, 03:10:44 PM »
Some of my favorite SDC memories as a kid was when we would visit on a summer weekday, and I would ride FM over and over and over and over without having to get off of the ride.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2023, 03:45:05 PM »
When I rode FM on Sunday almost nothing worked. The guns turned off through the first half of the ride, then randomly came back on, but without sound effects. Very few of the props responded to being shot. Several seemed to be set to go off randomly instead of when shot at. It's as if they have given up on the guns working at all. Writing really seems to be on the wall for FM.

What's sad is that some of us know a certain maintenance person who almost single handedly kept the ride going for a long time until he was pushed out a couple years or so again. As soon as he left things went downhill steeply. It's incredible how fast things "fall apart" when you lose the only person or two who knows what they are doing. They'll replace it with something new and then that will barely last a decade before it has major trouble too.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2023, 08:25:57 PM »
I want both. I want a flooded mine dark ride with no guns, maybe slightly expanded and a remastered audio track…
I also want a separate shooting ride. I think a trackless “stagecoach” ride through the hills/woods in a sherif training course would be fantastic use a modern gun system that works and shoot targets.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2023, 09:35:05 PM »
They'll replace it with something new and then that will barely last a decade before it has major trouble too.

Reminds me of another boat ride which had decent operations but got replaced by something thats massively over-engineered and broke down on every visit. *cough* Mystic River Falls *cough*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 09:38:01 PM by sdcfan88 »

flutas

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2023, 07:42:46 AM »
It will be interesting to see how the early access goes with those that buy passes during the presale. It was kind of a mess with Big Bear Mountain at Dollywood this year. I am guessing that SDC will adjust their messaging around it to avoid some of the issues that Dollywood had with it.

Hmm, has it been confirmed they're doing this? I haven't had a chance to watch the announcement they posted but I haven't seen any mention of it.

Also what were the issues with BBM? Long lines, or something else? I haven't paid much attention to DW as of late.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2023, 08:59:31 AM »
When I rode FM on Sunday almost nothing worked. The guns turned off through the first half of the ride, then randomly came back on, but without sound effects. Very few of the props responded to being shot.

Maybe you are just a bad shot, pardner. Ha ha.  ;)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2023, 09:16:08 AM »
Hmm, has it been confirmed they're doing this? I haven't had a chance to watch the announcement they posted but I haven't seen any mention of it.

It is listed in the press release.
Given next year's excitement, Silver Dollar City will offer a 2024 season pass pre-sale October 9-31. During the pre-sale, passes will be offered at the lowest prices of the season and include early line access to FIRE IN THE HOLE in the spring.
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/press/2024-announcement/

Also what were the issues with BBM? Long lines, or something else? I haven't paid much attention to DW as of late.

They sold it as buy your passes early to be the first to ride, but then some general public got to ride before the pass holders had their reserved ride times. It was really that people thought they were promised one thing, when they actually weren't and they got mad.

flutas

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2023, 06:16:35 PM »

It is listed in the press release.
Given next year's excitement, Silver Dollar City will offer a 2024 season pass pre-sale October 9-31. During the pre-sale, passes will be offered at the lowest prices of the season and include early line access to FIRE IN THE HOLE in the spring.
https://www.silverdollarcity.com/press/2024-announcement/

They sold it as buy your passes early to be the first to ride, but then some general public got to ride before the pass holders had their reserved ride times. It was really that people thought they were promised one thing, when they actually weren't and they got mad.

Ah, my bad. I missed that somehow.

I had assumed you meant they were planning on doing ride previews this year for passholders (why I was kinda confused because it would be a real rush to hit that goal).

I wonder why SDC doesn't do the Disney approach. Usually they do previews in the order of something like: Staff followed by VIPs followed by Passholders followed by General Public. All with reserved times and you got one go.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2023, 07:58:56 PM »
Work has started on the new location of Fireman’s Flyers.
The former Taste of the City booth has been removed.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2023, 01:38:33 PM »
Construction on the new Fireman’s Flyers area continues to move along.

Also, the new Gold & Diamond pass entrance is using self serve scanners for season passes. There are still hosts at the entrance to help and to supervise the entrance.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2023, 08:51:42 PM »
^ Thanks for the update on the flyers.  I suppose the Gold and Diamond passes have a different kind of barcode that lets them be self-scanned?  Otherwise, what would stop a Silver passholder (like myself) from going through the self-scanners?  Not that I would, of course, but just curious.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2023, 05:47:58 PM »
SDC starting a teaser campaign on the re-imagined Baldknobbers.

https://www.facebook.com/sdcattractions/posts/706370414851048

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2023, 09:18:39 AM »
The new Baldknobbers look so realistic! In the video, the costume is still under construction.

https://fb.watch/nXw4s7CCSe/?mibextid=qC1gEa

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2023, 11:21:04 AM »
^ Yeehaw!  Those look great!  Hope they do the same kind of thing in the Flooded Mine.
I'm Your Huckleberry