Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39731 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2023, 06:53:48 PM »
Anyone else notice how they said Heartland multiple times? I have to assume that it was a conscious choice after the Oklahoma announcement.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2023, 08:50:35 PM »
“Fire District” is just the next step in the evolution of the park.  You will start to notice that each new area will be branded as a neighborhood.  This started with Midtown.  Then you have River Town.  I’m sure where the new Fried Fancies and Heartland Home Furnishings will get a name once that area is complete. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2023, 01:46:08 AM »
It would also be interesting if they were to do walk thru tours or something of the old ride before it is removed.

I am hoping this will happen for Coaster Christmas. Perhaps tours of both? Might be a stretch but if they were to do it I'd definitely attend and I bet they would have a pretty good turnout for it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 01:48:05 AM by sdcfan88 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2023, 08:18:51 AM »
Anyone else notice how they said Heartland multiple times? I have to assume that it was a conscious choice after the Oklahoma announcement.

Are those the opening salvos of competitions we hear?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 09:56:37 AM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

underdog250

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2023, 09:16:32 AM »
There were 'special edition' Pathfinder newspapers given out to everyone at the FITH 2.0 announcement event. I haven't seen these posted anywhere else and they contain quite a bit about the overall new narrative story and effects used within the ride.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 02:59:12 PM by underdog250 »

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2023, 02:41:58 PM »

Other parts of the announcement include Red Flander's Dry Goods (which I presume means FiTH souvenirs) and a new pretzel dog stand along the trail to Pumpkin Plaza (which will eventually link to Grand Exposition).  Did he say 300 seats for dining in the area?  That seems to be a lot for pretzel dogs

I believe they are moving the Fire Spotter Balloon ride to the empty pad near the water and the Pretzel Dog Stand will take its place. There is already a temporary food stand behind the Fire Spotter ride across from the Boat Works Theatre.

SDCisHome

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2023, 04:38:21 PM »
If anyone is interested...Silver Dollar City just uploaded the new version of the Fire in the Hole song to YouTube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeqx5nVQnc

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2023, 09:51:10 PM »
There were 'special edition' Pathfinder newspapers given out to everyone at the FITH 2.0 announcement event. I haven't seen these posted anywhere else and they contain quite a bit about the overall new narrative story and effects used within the ride.

Thanks for posting those Underdog!
I'm Your Huckleberry

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2023, 09:53:08 PM »
If anyone is interested...Silver Dollar City just uploaded the new version of the Fire in the Hole song to YouTube...

Us old timers remember when we had to download a bootleg MP3 version. I had it as my ring tone for a while. ;)

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2023, 07:17:16 AM »

Thankfully, the original version is posted, too.  The new performance lives up to the original, but the lyrics leave something to be desired, of course.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:17:21 AM by palallin »

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2023, 08:10:01 AM »
This time last week, I would have said that "updating" the song would be blasphemous. This new version just knocks it out of the park. I love it. I never, ever thought I would say that. The PTB really did a bang-up job with this entire "replacement" process. I can't wait to ride the new ride!

flutas

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2023, 08:15:51 AM »

Us old timers remember when we had to download a bootleg MP3 version. I had it as my ring tone for a while. ;)

Still have to for the amazing covers playing on a near time traveler (or I haven't seen an official release).

I honestly looked for a CD of it in the shops for a while the first time I heard most of the music (hint hint SDC merch team).

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2023, 10:38:50 AM »
They should go ahead and re-do the powderkeg theme song while they are at it, lol. Didn't the ride operators revolt because it was played too much?  ;D

I think Riverblast used to have it's own theme song too. Haven't heard it in a long time. What other theme songs are/were around the park?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2023, 01:13:18 PM »
^ The American Plunge song (Americans ? together), the Flooded Mine song
I'm Your Huckleberry

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2023, 01:51:05 PM »
The PTB have completly knocked this one out of the park. I cannot wait to see the new technology in the scenes and audio. Don't know what to say except bring on 2024 so I can experience it.