Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39721 times)

SharkWatch

• View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2023, 08:14:38 AM »
I was at the park last Sunday - I meant to upload these pics, but got busy.

SharkWatch

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2023, 08:20:12 AM »
Not sure why the furniture store pics posted upside down, but here are some of the new ride (from last Sunday as well).

SharkWatch

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2023, 08:29:14 AM »
The name plate store across from the pottery shop is now closed, and it appears like it may be selling some games when it reopens. Also, I believe that there was a post a while back about the emergency stop button at the train tracks, but I can’t recall for sure.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2023, 12:20:23 PM »
Nice pictures.  Thanks for posting SharkWatch!
I'm Your Huckleberry

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2023, 06:40:43 AM »
FYI, the name shop never reopened this year, the couple retired in December. It's used for storage for games. The park is loaded with empty buildings  :'(
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2023, 05:29:41 PM »
Thanks for sharing all the photos! Glad to see the new shop coming along. The new area is sure different, but hopefully the trees fill in before long and the "shine" wears off a bit - it'll eventually blend in better.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2023, 02:48:25 PM »
I know this isn't SDC but it will affect them. A 2 billion dollar resort and theme park has been announced near Vinita, Oklahoma, a few miles from the Missouri boarder and near Grand Lake.

https://www.americanheartlandthemepark.com/

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2023, 07:34:15 PM »
I know this isn't SDC but it will affect them. A 2 billion dollar resort and theme park has been announced near Vinita...

There is a tread with some discussion here: https://www.sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=4388.0

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2023, 08:22:27 AM »
I'm slow to check on things these days, so I've just now noticed that the park has confirmed that the announcement will be SDC's "Largest Investment Ever" according to screamscape and other sources. I haven't found where the park actually made this mention, but I trust screamscape didn't just make it up.

While the new FITH is a big ride, it obviously won't come close to their biggest addition to date by itself (unless the inside is really going to be Disney quality, which is my dream, but unlikely).

Many are speculating once again that this is the cusp of the resort announcement. I'll be a bit disappointed if it's not the case. We've been wondering when we would get ours since DW got their first, something like a decade ago now?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2023, 10:03:03 AM »
On Twitter, Screamscape confirmed that the "Largest Investment Ever" was in the press event invite.

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2023, 09:54:06 AM »
On Twitter, Screamscape confirmed that the "Largest Investment Ever" was in the press event invite.
The park probably wants to model itself after Dollywood, I am expecting a Resort like the one they are opening at Dollywood and either an indoor/outdoor water park to replace White Water as it is small,dated and separate from the park.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 09:56:57 AM by shavethewhales »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2023, 11:23:09 PM »
Yeah the new Tool Booth/Parking/Entrance setup is very reminiscent to Dollywood's, I also expect the park to formally break away from its central theme and have themed sectors like Dollywood or Disney in the near future.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 11:24:43 PM by sdcfan88 »

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2023, 06:50:23 AM »
Yeah the new Tool Booth/Parking/Entrance setup is very reminiscent to Dollywood's, I also expect the park to formally break away from its central theme and have themed sectors like Dollywood or Disney in the near future.

Like an area themed to firemen, an area themed to a worlds fair/grand exposition, an area themed to a river front town? 

They are all set in the same time period but they would seem to all be themed sections…  are you thinking they will drop the 1880s as an overall theme and  have some lands set in different time periods?

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2023, 08:39:54 AM »
This provides a good summary comparison if SDC is indeed following Dollywoods evolution as a park. https://www.themeparkarchive.com/parks/dollywood
Unlike SDC, Dollywood doesn't have a main coherent theme that fits any single time period. They got 1880's, 1920's, and 1950's themed areas/attractions along with several other attractions with fantasy/nature focused themes with no explicit time period.

I have noticed too the "You've got a great past ahead of you." quote seems to be used less and less at SDC.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 08:48:12 AM by sdcfan88 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2023, 10:11:34 AM »
^ If they drop the 1880s theme then that is a deal breaker for us.
I'm Your Huckleberry