Author Topic: Disappointed in SDC website orders  (Read 1072 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Disappointed in SDC website orders
« on: June 06, 2023, 12:45:15 PM »
I dunno if anyone else has ever had trouble with this kind of stuff, but I ordered an adventure pass for my 4 year old this past winter and now SDC says they have no record of it, so now we're stuck without one.
Last year I ordered one for another daughter who was eligible and never got anything in the mail nor did I get a confirmation email or letter.  However, when I emailed before our trip they said I just had to go to the ticket booth and bring the birth certificate and pick it up there so that's what we did.
Since I didn't get anything in the mail or via email this time either I just figured it was normal and just like last year.  Nope.  They say they don't have it and don't seem too empathetic, either.
I understand they are a business, but I ordered that pass, and if they want to go everything digital they better make sure it works.  So now I'm not sure if we can do season passes or just the 2 day pass as this is another $150 bucks for our family of 6.

Anyway, that's my rant!
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed in SDC website orders
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2023, 01:48:45 PM »
Did you try logging in to your account on the website to see if it shows there?

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2023, 02:13:14 PM »
My receipt from my purchases has it listed on there with a zero cost - check your receipt.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 10:19:20 AM »
That's very lame. Lots of new systems going on, but that's no excuse for completely dropping your daughter's pass.  I guess you really have to watch email like a hawk now for stuff like that. I have a whole folder for passes/tickets that I check neurotically before things.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2023, 12:43:26 PM »
Great news!  I took your guys advice to log in to my account (I didn't even remember that there was an account associated with ordering) and there it was.
I forwarded it in an email to guest services and they said they think there must have been a mistake at check-out on my end, but there's proof I tried to order it so they are going to create an Adventure pass for my daughter.
While it was a hassle, I'm very pleased with the outcome and appreciate their help.
Looks like my family will be getting season passes this year, which we didn't last year.  Not sure after FITH leaves but for now I'm wanting to give them my business.

Thanks for the reminders about the login.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2023, 09:22:56 PM »
just a heads up you may already know --  UPDATE your phone app if you use it for entry. Mine was not updated and I spent 30 min in guest relations trying to figure out why my pass was not accepted on the app.  kept saying not valid
 did the update and no problem....

just a heads up

Kevin

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2023, 06:16:43 PM »
I’ve made it a habit to keep the order confirmation screen open when ordering things online that don’t have a physical product(season passes, sports tickets, movies, hotels, etc) until I get the confirmation email, if I don’t get it or it’s taking more than a couple minutes I save the confirmation screen(either a screen shot or save it as pdf if they have an option to print).