Author Topic: Season pass benefit survey  (Read 1698 times)

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Season pass benefit survey
« on: July 28, 2022, 08:57:32 AM »
I got a season pass benefit survey today.

Questions included:
How many visits this year?
What pass level do you have?(check all that apply)
Why did you get different levels of passes?(we did one gold and the rest of the family silver)
Asked about each benefit and weather you are aware of it but have t used it,  unaware of it,use occasionally, use frequently. Included in the benefits asked about were: unlimited visits, food discounts, merch discount, ticket discounts, Branson belle discount, refill mug, vip events, bring a friend, and other herschland properties discount.
Asked about the importance of each of those benefits

Asked about if benefits would convince you to upgrade to gold for $60(Yes, maybe, no) This included:  souvenir mug with discounted refills, private entrance for gold and diamond pass holders, moonlight madness being a friend ticket, exclusive preview days for festivals, BAF valid on Saturdays, one hour trailblazer early ride access everyday, vip events and access, reserved seating for echo hollow and other live entertainment, 20% off food and beverage.

Asked about if benefits would convince you to upgrade to diamond for $50. This included: free preferred parking, unlimited access to white water, extra BAF valid any day, 25% off premium on park experiences.

Asked zip code and ages of family members.

The private entrance question stands out to me, I’m very curious how they would do that. If it would just be a dedicated lane at the turnstiles or if it would be an actual separate entrance(maybe the overflow entrance by first aid and brown’s candy)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Season pass benefit survey
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 03:49:02 PM »
That is interesting about the private entrance.  I would also think it would be near first aid or an employee entrance or something.  We get the silver passes because there's not any extra benefits that appeal to us.  Though the exclusive preview days for festivals does sound interesting.
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 08:43:31 AM »
There are a number of larger parks with resorts attached that have "private" entrances for resort members. Alton Towers comes to mind. Maybe those new parking lots they are building will have a dropoff point on the north side some day. Not sure where they'd put it at this point, but I assume something like that is in the plans if they are going to keep growing the park beyond the ~2 million guests per year plateau it's stuck at now.

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 08:59:57 AM »
I’m thinking the resort entrance would be on the west side, possibly by powder keg. I think they could put a road in through the woods and come in by powder keg. Outlaw run area would be a possibility but I can’t see a good way in there without completely re-routing the train, which seems unlikely.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2022, 09:23:36 AM »
There are a number of larger parks with resorts attached that have "private" entrances for resort members.

With Dollywood restructuring their parking, they actually moved the resort guest entrance down with everyone else. There were plenty of grumbles about it on the trolly each day.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2022, 12:35:28 AM »
In theory, I don't have a problem with premium passes for those who want to pay for the extras. They can have private guides, for all I care, so long as it doesn't degrade the experience for anyone else.

I just don't think that should ever be the expectation for visitors, but I fear that in the current climate of keeping up with the Joneses, more and more families will feel they have to pay extra.

Back in Miss Mary's Day, everyone paid the same price and got the same experience, and there's a lot to be said in favor of that model when it comes to a good experience.