Author Topic: HELP Can anyone identify these dresses???  (Read 1441 times)

M.bwanees

• View Profile
HELP Can anyone identify these dresses???
« on: June 04, 2022, 10:10:04 AM »
Hi y'all! I need help identifying a couple things and if anyone can help, I think it would be this group!
Thursday I bought a few dresses at the auction at Celebration City (CC & SDC items). I found one of them (2018 & 2019) while on a SDC FB page but I'm at a loss for the other two.
The white dress is a two piece set (a bodice & a skirt) and really has me stumped. It's stunning and so intricate! I'm almost certain it had to be for a show or a special occasion but have scoured Google and various SDC pages (including this one) and am coming up empty handed.
Does it look familiar to anyone?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: HELP Can anyone identify these dresses???
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2022, 06:02:19 PM »
My only guess is that it might have been used in Antique Photos.  I’ve never seen it on park that I can remember
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 06:05:04 PM »
My only guess is that it might have been used in Antique Photos.  I’ve never seen it on park that I can remember

That was gonna be my thought too. That or a costume for female employees posing for the parks promotional material.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 09:50:28 PM by sdcfan88 »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 04:13:43 PM »
Would they have been used in the old Hatfield/McCoy show?

M.bwanees

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 10:12:22 AM »
Mustery solved!
I had put it on some FB groups as well and this morning I had a message to call the costume shop. I spoke with the sweet lady who made this dress!
She said she couldn't remember the exact year but knew it had to have been over 20 years ago. For one season, Silver Dollar City had done a "Wedding at the Saloon" and this was the dress!
The dress had seemingly disappeared after that production season and she never knew what had happened to it until now, when it resurfaced on a rack at Celebration City.