Author Topic: Insane crowds this morning  (Read 1597 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Insane crowds this morning
« on: March 16, 2022, 10:39:05 AM »
It’s after 10 am and still waiting in line to pickup my season TB pass. Took forever to even get in the gate. So far this seems like Christmas crowd levels. I realize it’s spring break but I have been here many times on opening day and it has not been this bad. If this is the new norm this will for sure be my last year for buying passes.

Mass confusion today. At the cave they said you can go down to the midtown guest services to pick them up. Waited in line 45 minutes only to discover they did not have the bracelets, you get the lanyard there but have to go back to cave to get bracelet

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Insane crowds this morning
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 05:20:09 PM »
Finally bracelets showed up at midtown, then they ran out of the season pass lanyards. They said go back to cave desk to get them, having to wait yet again. While walking back up I spotted Brad and got him involved. He took us to some office in the back behind the cave desk, hooked is up with someone there who gave us the daily super pass for today as they were completely out of the season pass ones.

Lines for everything were unbelievable. Even the TB lines were crazy. FITH was lined up all the way past the saloon. PK was all the way down the hill. It was nuts.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 05:25:50 PM »
PS it appears to me thru have oversold the trailblazers this year. In fact that was the reason they ran out of them today, they appears to be selling them onsite.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 08:07:54 PM »
I feel like spring break has gotten progressively worse as the years have gone on. Last year I remember just not being able to get in, but I marked it up to being the "end" of covid (or so we thought at the time). I think the park is just too dang popular now, lol. It's only going to get worse I guess, not like the park is shrinking. The amazing weather today doesn't help.

The lack of coordination is concerning, but I guess they still have trouble finding enough help and things are still going to be crazy for awhile. I plan on waiting until mid april to visit myself.