Author Topic: WA 2022 Additions  (Read 1620 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
WA 2022 Additions
« on: November 14, 2021, 06:08:22 PM »
https://www.wildadventures.com/Media-Room/New-Additions-2022

Lots of interesting stuff for 2022 at Wild Adventures. They are building a massive new animal enclosure with a variety of african animals and a new restaurant, plus they are expanding their event lineup a great deal, not to mention a bigger emphasis on concerts.

The Easter event sounds interesting... wonder if SDC can take any cues... didn't they try an egg hunt one year and have it go poorly?

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: WA 2022 Additions
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 03:21:40 PM »
What I find interesting is they are delving into alcohol in a park. Maybe WA has always had this ?  Kinda hope it flows over to the other parks eventually in a controlled way.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 05:17:10 PM »
What I find interesting is they are delving into alcohol in a park. Maybe WA has always had this ?  Kinda hope it flows over to the other parks eventually in a controlled way.

WA has always served alcohol. 

But I think it’s time for the park to join the rest of the world.  The craft beer market is money being left on the table if they don’t do it too.  My personal opinion is to turn Dockside Grill into a Craft Beer Brewery.  They could serve pub fare foods. Then turn that seating area into a Beer Garden.  I think that would go over well and finish the revitalization of that area. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 08:14:21 AM »

WA has always served alcohol. 

But I think it’s time for the park to join the rest of the world.  The craft beer market is money being left on the table if they don’t do it too.  My personal opinion is to turn Dockside Grill into a Craft Beer Brewery.  They could serve pub fare foods. Then turn that seating area into a Beer Garden.  I think that would go over well and finish the revitalization of that area.

Absolutely agree. Partner with a craft brewery in Springfield.

On a side note I am completely surprised that Branson does not have a local craft brewery. I was looking for some local beers to take home on my last trip and the closest brewery is in Springfield according to the liquor store clerk. Someone is missing a great opportunity.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2021, 09:16:11 AM »
^Springfield has a million breweries, so it is odd that Branson is so dry. A few places on the Landing and of course the pub at Outback (now called Crazy Craig's Treehouse) definitely show off the potential. Would love a great pub/hangout like the Chicken Pickle concept https://chickennpickle.com/oklahoma-city/

But anyway, back to Wild Adventures. It's notable that they are not adding any new rides at all despite taking out several in recent years. They did confirm Cheetah was being completely removed and not re-imagined in any way. I understand their direction, but it does feel weird watching a park slowly evolve out of being a roller coaster park.