Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124202 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #360 on: January 18, 2023, 08:36:20 PM »
Look at all that clear cutting, geez.  I am trying to picture what areas they are clearing and what the plan is.  I am actually in Springfield tonight, maybe I should take a side trip down there to see what all is going on.  So they are going to increase parking so they can squeeze even more people in the park?  Seems like its going to be even more miserable on busy days than it was before.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 18, 2023, 08:51:36 PM »
I will be in the area Mid February, will do a drive by and try to get some pics of the area..  Should be interesting to see.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 18, 2023, 10:48:03 PM »
So they are going to increase parking so they can squeeze even more people in the park?  Seems like its going to be even more miserable on busy days than it was before.

I believe the goal is to make the parking process easier to get people in spots faster and off of the highway.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #363 on: January 20, 2023, 09:26:09 AM »
Yup, the backup on 76 is the #1 issue affecting SDC's growth right now. When the line goes all the way into Branson you know it's not even worth bothering. Hard to even get to Branson West and do the turnaround trick at that point, not to mention that they'll probably park you miles from the park anyway.

I'm sure they've hired a civil engineering firm finally and have figured out a way to squeeze in a few hundred more spaces AND make it much more navigable. It'll be interesting to see if they still have to use the new lot way out west or not. I know the old employee lot has been looked at to become a new satellite parking lot with a new employee lot going in north of the park.

It seems like if they really want to make a difference they need a flyover or an underpass at the light, but I figure we are a ways off from that yet.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #364 on: January 20, 2023, 09:43:31 AM »
^Not to mention the last big parking remodel was a huge blunder.  The current parking is hugely confusing, especially for new guests.  There is a lot of unused space, and it's too easy for cars to find themselves on tram-only routes.  Plus the signs often point one direction while the traffic directors aim you in another.  Instead of an engineer, it was as if they hired the Dippin' Dots kid to design the parking lot.  Hopefully, things will be improved.  Only time will tell.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 20, 2023, 11:42:38 AM »

It seems like if they really want to make a difference they need a flyover or an underpass at the light, but I figure we are a ways off from that yet.

I think a simple trumpet interchange could work there. Which wouldn't be all that bad cost wise. Get rid of that light.

Jay

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 20, 2023, 12:54:37 PM »
There was a public forum in December about significant changes to Highway 76 and Indian Point Road.

https://www.bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_34dd00ca-7bb8-11ed-b408-f3710f84e5eb.html

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #367 on: January 20, 2023, 01:51:12 PM »
^Last I heard it sounded like they were just going to add a lane in the westbound direction so that Branson west traffic would have an easier time getting past the backup. Would love to hear what was discussed in the meeting and what MODOT's thoughts are on actually fixing the intersection to accommodate the traffic that SDC creates.

Sure wish we could talk about finishing the Branson Mountain High Road, but I know that idea is dead in the water for political reasons as much as anything. I still use the road myself every now and then if I want to go the springfield route, but I sure wish that last little bit could be completed to make it easier to get to the rest of Branson.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 23, 2023, 07:29:37 AM »
Being in NWA, We never ever go to the park via Branson if we are just going to the park. Always via Kimberling C and B West. If they make it easier to get to B West, Folks will just go past the light and U turn.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 23, 2023, 08:36:03 AM »
Being in NWA, We never ever go to the park via Branson if we are just going to the park. Always via Kimberling C and B West. If they make it easier to get to B West, Folks will just go past the light and U turn.

We usually do the same, but we're coming from central MO.  I'd rather drive down 13 than 65 unless we have a destination in Branson itself (which is rare anymore).  We stay in a little resort south of Kimberling C:  it's a little more drive but a LOT less headache.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:53:46 AM by palallin »

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 26, 2023, 08:43:09 AM »
So...The Heart of the Ozarks tomato can label mystery...I'm guessing it has to do with the new dining area near the waterfall? Salad bar? Another Italian place? Inquiring minds want to know!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 26, 2023, 10:06:03 AM »
It is great to see a little detail like the canning company that incorporates real local history. I had no idea that there was such a large canning economy in the Ozarks back in the early 1900's.

This link has more info on the history of the Roy Nelson Canning Co that was the label in the SDC post.
https://files.shsmo.org/manuscripts/rolla/R1029.pdf

My initial thought was designs for labels for can lights like in Crossroads Pizza.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #372 on: January 26, 2023, 10:48:36 AM »
Probably a new food stand or re-opening Percy's with a new concept or something. I do like the label too. They are really good with the graphic designs these days when they take the time. They've come a long way since the days of "bleeding cowboys" fonts that crept in when they started switching over to digital printed signs.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 26, 2023, 11:25:29 AM »
The worst for me was the "Baldknobber Camp. Ya'll Keep Out" sign on Fire in the Hole. Ugh. Looks like it was made on a Cricut.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 26, 2023, 02:53:44 PM »
I figured it was the Veggie Tales coming back i.e. Bob the Tomato  ;) They were at SDC around 2000 - 2003 or so
I'm Your Huckleberry