Author Topic: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 124209 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2023 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2022, 07:19:25 AM »
I'm starting to get really excited as construction continues. I had no idea how much larger the show building was going to be. As a HUGE dark ride fan I can't think of a dark ride or at least indoor rollercoaster with theming that's been completed in this area since well..Flooded Mine? Worlds of Fun has zero dark rides and Six Flags has Justice League (formerly Scooby-Doo! Ghostblasters). Driving to Dollywood for Mystery Mine & Blazing Fury was definitely worth it seeing.

Actually, Six Flags Over Texas has Justice League, Runaway Mountain, and Pirates of Speelunker Cave has an official date of opening on May 14, with a preview date for members and a commercial being filmed on May 13. Six Flags Over Texas will now have 3 dark rides total. All Six Flags parks are different, but most have Justice League.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 03, 2022, 02:20:09 PM »
I notice no one is crying out for Fireman's Cemetery, lol! That is one of the last remnants of the tongue and cheek old SDC that I barely notice myself anymore, but will miss. That particular brand of humor defined the park for the first few generations, but now it probably seems sacrilegious.

I like the history of the cemetery, be we got to the point that with the smoking area being right there, it made it unenjoyable. We haven't been able to make it down there the last few years so I don't know if that is still the case or not.
Colorado SDC Fan

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 06, 2022, 12:48:32 PM »
Any idea if the name FIRE IN THE HOLE will stay or if they plan to rename it entirely?

I, of course, would prefer the name to stay the same....but I am guessing they change it like with LROTO into MRF.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #183 on: May 06, 2022, 01:04:52 PM »
There's a good chance they will change the name. They are spending millions on a new ride, so the marketing has to be as effective as possible, and that means labeling it as a brand new ride and not as a re-invention of an old one. Plus, Fire-in-the-hole never really rolled off the tongue. There's also the likelihood that the theme will change quite a bit anyway, since we've always expected the baldknobbers to get the boot... It'll probably still be fire themed, but probably much closer to Blazing Fury at Dollywood.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 06, 2022, 05:08:24 PM »
The bridge drop effect is cool in Blazing Fury, but the end is really bad with the fake water light effect and explosion sound. Also, the train light not moving was weird.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #185 on: May 06, 2022, 06:24:37 PM »
Methinks some people assume a lot in their speculations here.  That's what we do, and it's a whole lot of fun.  Usually.

I going to wait, with fingers crossed, on this one.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2022, 12:26:32 AM »
Yeah best to keep expectations low.

sdclover6

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2022, 08:32:45 AM »
FIRE IN THE HOLE is the only reason i go to Silver Dollar City!!!!! If new ride isn't somewhat like the old one, I don't know if i will be back!!!  :-\

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2022, 09:25:58 AM »
^ I know we all want the new ride to be very similar to the old ride. But there is so much they can do now with ride technology that couldn't have been done in 1972, so why limit SDC and the designers to 1972?

What I'm hoping for is a ride that works at a high capacity and is family friendly, While giving a nod to Fire in the Hole.

Jay

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2022, 02:07:47 PM »
If they include the Red Flanders gag as a nod to the original, I'll consider it a win.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2022, 02:25:24 PM »
^ Good point!  They have to keep Red Flanders!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2022, 02:27:18 PM »
If they include the Red Flanders gag as a nod to the original, I'll consider it a win.

My favorite part of FITH. Even if its just a sign in the queue, they need to have some sort of homage to poor Mr. Flanders stolen pants.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2022, 11:35:54 AM »
I am hoping they keep the soundtrack in place.  I just watched a POV of a New Pirate Ride in Six Flags and noted what a difference a song makes.  The great dark rides at Disney, they all have original songs.  The music in FITH really makes a difference.  Consider all the comments I have seen on the past about the sound not working.   I feel like even at 50 years old the song and banter are timeless. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 08:35:09 AM by mhguy77 »

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2022, 08:15:51 AM »
I agree about the song...it must stay. It's as important as poor Red Flanders' britches.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2022, 04:00:40 PM »
I love the song!  They also need to keep the "Here's a barrel of laughs!" Baldknobber.  The whole ride is iconic.
I'm Your Huckleberry