Author Topic: Echo Hollow Ampitheater  (Read 1558 times)

KevinLong

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Echo Hollow Ampitheater
« on: July 06, 2021, 07:29:16 AM »
I wonder if it is just me, but I attended a standard evenings performance of the show in echo hollow and I found it very unsatisfactory. There were many reasons, not the least of which was that the audience never seemed to actually stop arriving and actually sit down and watch the show. I was constantly disturbed by people walking past me or getting up and moving around.

If you add that distraction to the fact that the audio quality was quite poor for a venue of that size and for as long as its been around, I ended up leaving about 1/4 of the way into the show. I did move twice thinking I was in high traffic areas, each time further and further from the exit's /entrances. There was a magic act as an opener and I could barely hear anything being said onstage.

I thought it might be better managed, if they funneled the crowd all into single sections at the lower area and filled it up from the bottom. but then I remembered how huge the place is and the fact that I have trouble with stairs myself and would never go all the way to the bottom. it can be quite a climb out of the hollow.

Does anyone have any tips for enjoying the show - maybe I am being too critical. Is the show better with a marquee entertainer? should I just skip the regular show and attend the headline acts?  Thanks

Kevin

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Echo Hollow Ampitheater
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2021, 04:00:34 PM »
I don't think they're doing the show any more unless they have, as you eloquently put it, a marquee entertainer.  It's never on the daily schedule unless there is a guest entertainer.
I'm Your Huckleberry