Author Topic: Dickens characters fired?  (Read 11278 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dickens characters fired?
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2021, 10:25:38 AM »
Good catch HB!  I was giving them the benefit of a doubt.  FYI I am NOT applying for the role of Tiny Tim LOL
I'm Your Huckleberry

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2021, 04:44:19 PM »
I just briefly saw the thread, so you all may already know this. But, regarding whether this is for A Christmas Carol or not, this is from the SDC site directly:

Auditions for A Dickens’ Christmas Carol Roles:
Tiny Tim (must be no taller than 55") and sister Martha

When: Wednesday, August 4 @ 1PM
Where: Chateau on the Lake

Silver Dollar City is casting male and female child singer/dancers for An Old Time Christmas. Have two songs in the style(s) you do best prepared for audition. A verse and a chorus of each song is sufficient. Accompanist, CD player and auxiliary for MP3/Phones will be provided.

In order to be considered, you must submit a formal application below or fill out an application at audition.

Rehearsal: October 25 - November 5, 2021
Show Run: November 6 - December 30, 2021
(Notification of casting by August 9)

Summary: Audition to be a performer in one of our many shows!  You could portray a role in a dramatic, comedic, romantic or musical production.  We are looking for entertaining candidates who are able to learn songs, choreography, and lines from a script for their specified role.
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2021, 02:53:59 PM »
If you haven't seen the show as of yet, there is only one song left in the show that had been there originally: Ave Maria, which is in the public domain.  Every other song has changed.  There is a bit of sampling and hints of the old songs, but all new music.  And, I believe, it may all be original as well.  It will take some getting used to, but I think it's also likely confirmation that copyrights were a major issue with it.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2021, 04:09:52 PM »
Are the songs any good?  I wonder who wrote them.

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:10 PM »
Not to speak ill of the dead, and I did like Brad Shrader, but I often spoke out against his love of Jukebox Musicals. Before his time, many SDC shows had a lot of original music. I wrote one for the Hatfield and McCoy talent contest in the Riverfront Playhouse. D.A.Calaway wrote several, and other SDC entertainers did as well. They also contracted original songs from outside writers. Everyone knows the FITH theme, the Flooded Mine song, and such. Those have survived and are memorable and unique. Do we really need to be doing Muppet Treasure Island? Seems lazy to me. Sorry about the rant. Pet Peeve.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2021, 10:57:31 PM »
Not to speak ill of the dead, and I did like Brad Shrader, but I often spoke out against his love of Jukebox Musicals. Before his time, many SDC shows had a lot of original music. I wrote one for the Hatfield and McCoy talent contest in the Riverfront Playhouse. D.A.Calaway wrote several, and other SDC entertainers did as well. They also contracted original songs from outside writers. Everyone knows the FITH theme, the Flooded Mine song, and such. Those have survived and are memorable and unique. Do we really need to be doing Muppet Treasure Island? Seems lazy to me. Sorry about the rant. Pet Peeve.

Preach it!!!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
My family and I watched Dickens on Saturday and enjoyed it. Yes, the songs are different, but they are still good. It is still a fantastic free show. Due to expected crowd levels, we bought a Show Lover's Pass and feel like we got our money's worth.