Author Topic: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports  (Read 76153 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2021 Crowds/Trip Reports
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2021, 03:04:36 PM »
^ It usually depends on what day you go.  I just checked the ride wait times on the app and they weren't that bad.  Fridays on the whole usually seem to be pretty good. I'm sure tomorrow will be a whole different story.
I'm Your Huckleberry

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2021, 03:35:51 PM »
Yeah, you're probably right.

I forgot I can check the app for wait times. That will be a good thing to use in the future.

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #108 on: July 03, 2021, 02:27:24 PM »
Rumor: MRF will be closed for the foreseeable future.  Apparently there was an incident where guests were injured and had to be taken to the hospital.  That’s all the info I have at this moment.  Still doing some checking with different sources.  It is interesting that the app has MRF listed as closed for the day and that was the case at park opening. 
SWOOSH

flutas

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 03, 2021, 04:12:37 PM »
Rumor: MRF will be closed for the foreseeable future.  Apparently there was an incident where guests were injured and had to be taken to the hospital.  That’s all the info I have at this moment.  Still doing some checking with different sources.  It is interesting that the app has MRF listed as closed for the day and that was the case at park opening.

Interestingly enough the ride is also running, but all vehicles are filled with the sandbags for testing.

EDIT: as soon as I posted this it stopped of course.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 04:15:09 PM by flutas »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2021, 05:25:14 PM »
On some of the posts about MRF on SDC's facebook page people were mentioning getting injured in various ways. I honestly don't get it since the ride is pretty soft. It's aggressive for a raft ride, but that is still nothing compared to other thrill rides. I wonder if part of it is due to the type of people trying to ride this vs. those who typically ride thrill rides. An old person getting bumped will feel it 1,000x worse than a kid. Try riding Arkansas Twister and then tell me MRF is rough.

Hopefully no one stood up on the drop and got injured that way.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2021, 12:47:53 PM »
People are saying on the SDC (unofficial) season pass holder group that one of the boats tipped, or almost tipped, nobody seems to know besides screaming loud about “they’re going to get sued for this!!!”. If the boat did actually tip, I figured that there would have been a press release or something like the one that flipped in Altoona yesterday.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2021, 01:21:21 PM »
People are saying on the SDC (unofficial) season pass holder group that one of the boats tipped, or almost tipped, nobody seems to know besides screaming loud about “they’re going to get sued for this!!!”. If the boat did actually tip, I figured that there would have been a press release or something like the one that flipped in Altoona yesterday.

Not being in the know at all about this, but after hearing about the accident in Altoona and the timing of the closing, could it be that the closure at SDC is a result of the issue in Altoona?  Out of caution, could SDC simply be inspecting their own attraction to ensure they don't have the same problem?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 04:08:13 PM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2021, 03:34:42 PM »
^ That's what it sounds like to me.  Good call HB
I'm Your Huckleberry

pintrader

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2021, 04:39:26 PM »
Like legoerosion said from the many posts from SDC Season Pass Holder Group (Unofficial) it appears there was some type of accident at MRF and not just a precautionary measure.  Seems like no one knew exactly what happened except for the boat leaning too far forward at the end of the plunge. They put a fence up so it looks like it could be down for awhile like Swoosh mentioned.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 08:17:37 AM by Pintrader »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2021, 03:15:02 PM »

Not being in the know at all about this, but after hearing about the accident in Altoona and the timing of the closing, could it be that the closure at SDC is a result of the issue in Altoona?  Out of caution, could SDC simply be inspecting their own attraction to ensure they don't have the same problem?

The two have nothing in common.  SDC incident happened on Friday. Adventureland accident happened at 7:30pm on Saturday. 
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2021, 06:17:41 PM »
The SDC app showed wait times for MRF this afternoon so apparently it's operating again.  Last I checked was a 120 minute wait.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2021, 09:48:49 PM »
It seems like their quest for the biggest fastest tallest whatever was really a mistake.  They should have kept LR, I know I sure liked it much better.  I have only ridden this new ride a couple of times and just have no interest in it. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2021, 11:22:46 PM »
It seems like their quest for the biggest fastest tallest whatever was really a mistake.  They should have kept LR, I know I sure liked it much better.  I have only ridden this new ride a couple of times and just have no interest in it.

Keeping LR was not an option.  It needed major repairs and was not ADA.  Rib House didn’t have near enough capacity and was also not ADA.  See where this is going.  Basically if it is not ADA don’t expect it to be there much longer
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #119 on: July 06, 2021, 09:10:50 AM »
They couldn't keep LR, but literally no one asked for the giant drop. I get that it looks cool and was a big marketing thing, but man what a blunder this whole ride has been. 2 years into operation and they can't even run enough boats, let alone even fill them to capacity with a full 8 riders. I am curious what the end result will be. The new fencing going up around the ride implies that they are going to make structural modifications to the ride again. Let's pray that it works this time. Otherwise it may end up like Buzzsaw Falls - limp around for a few years and then get reconstructed into a new ride - "The Revenge of Mystic River Falls"  ;D

Anyway, back to crowd discussions: apparently crowds were pretty light this weekend. This seems to be typical for SDC on major weekends. Often people expect it to be super crowded so no one comes, lol. Plus the heat with few water rides running...