Author Topic: OPENING JUNE 13, 2020  (Read 20184 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
OPENING JUNE 13, 2020
« on: June 01, 2020, 11:25:27 AM »
Silver Dollar City Attractions will begin a phased reopening on June 13.

Silver Dollar City Opens June 15, with Season Pass Holder Exclusive Days June 13 & 14. White Water Opens June 17, with Season Pass Holder Exclusive Days June 15 & 16. Showboat Branson Belle Opens June 20.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/PlaySafe

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: OPENING JUNE 13, 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 11:52:12 AM »
I suspect the water causing the mask to become useless will cause a issue at WW with this new rule.  Cant breathe through wet fabric.   Same issue with the water rides at SDC.  I will watch for photos as I am in your camp.  No mask for me.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 12:00:44 PM by mhguy77 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2020, 12:21:22 PM »
Checking temps on people... lets see,,,  If its 90 degees outside, people ride the tram,  (hmm? tram - safe distance?).  then walk to turnstyles, wont most people be overheated and or sweating by then..??

also noticed in the article I read,, they did not disclose how many people were going to be allowed..

Very surprised Mystic Falls wont be ready..  thsoe guys had lots of extra time to work on it..

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Silver-Dollar-City-announces-reopening-date-for-2020-570923011.html?fbclid=IwAR0AkHTbMZ3HypEgyAJdV3V1JE3YHIEG2ssbOSXrqYUoR-GvPN2_Tl_vVc0

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 01:39:45 PM »
I'm guessing the mask rule won't last the summer. I'm guessing it won't really last a week at WW. LOL at wearing a mask at a water park. I'm super careful, and even i know that is ridiculous. If you are going to be hanging out at super public places, just plan to stay away from vulnerable people. That's all you can do at this point.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 02:34:58 PM »
13 & 14 already full.  Don't know if the reservation side is down or not, but I keep getting "no available dates" for the entire season!  Also, it is showing the validity for season passes to be from 01/19/2020 to 06/15/2021.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 03:09:49 PM »
This whole  mask wearing business is dumb. 100% dumb. At a water park is just futile. And how about them roller coasters? That mask is going to come clean off. If one does take it off to ride, there is not a "clean" spot to put it. Husband brought up the same point as sand.....hot weather makes for hot bodies. It will be interesting for sure to see how this all works out. We are going to stay far away from SDC until this whole dumb butt rules thing goes away. I too was questioning the guest limit. Imagine if the whole year is booked already. Then I come home from work with the great news the park is finally open only to find out I dont get to go because they are booked. I am really hoping next year is better.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »
This whole  mask wearing business is dumb. 100% dumb. At a water park is just futile. And how about them roller coasters? That mask is going to come clean off. If one does take it off to ride, there is not a "clean" spot to put it. Husband brought up the same point as sand.....hot weather makes for hot bodies. It will be interesting for sure to see how this all works out. We are going to stay far away from SDC until this whole dumb butt rules thing goes away. I too was questioning the guest limit. Imagine if the whole year is booked already. Then I come home from work with the great news the park is finally open only to find out I dont get to go because they are booked. I am really hoping next year is better.

If you wear a bandana you could just keep it around your neck while riding
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 03:19:41 PM »
Official Press Release

~ Silver Dollar City Announces Opening ~

Season Pass Holders To Be First Guests June 13 & June 14,
Followed by All Guests June 15
White Water and Showboat Branson Belle to Follow

(Branson, Missouri, 6.1.2020) After much preparation, numerous operational changes and added health and safety measures for guests and employees, we are pleased to announce Silver Dollar City is opening exclusively for Season Pass Holders on Saturday, June 13 & Sunday, June 14, followed by all guests on Monday, June 15.
“Creating Memories Worth Repeating is our mission. Families are facing many challenges today, and we are excited to welcome them to create new and exciting memories,” said Brad Thomas, President and General Manager of Silver Dollar City. “We’ve spent months planning and preparing to open within the health and safety guidance from our industry and governmental experts. We encourage our guests to read through changes we have made as they make plans for their visit,” said Thomas.
To comply with appropriate social distancing guidelines, daily park capacity will be limited. Pass Holders and general admission guests will be required to reserve the date they wish to visit:
■ Reservations can be made at www.SilverDollarCity.com/reservations and on our mobile app. Additional details and a “how-to” video are posted in both locations to assist guests with this new process.   
■ Additionally, prior to entering the facilities, hosts and visitors will have a touchless temperature scan.  For the protection of each other, guests (age 3 and up) and all hosts will be required to wear a mask. 
■ Further information on all safety and operational changes is available at www.SilverDollarCity.com/playsafe   

Opening with The City is the all-new Rivertown Smokehouse as well as the new Cinnamon Bread Bakery. Mystic River Falls river raft ride opens later this summer.
WHITE WATER to open Monday, June 15 & Tuesday, June 16 for Season Pass Holders ONLY, and then Wednesday, June 17 for all guests.  White Water will have similar guidelines as those put in place for Silver Dollar City, including a contactless temperature scan prior to entry, reduced daily capacity limits, capacity adjustments for rides and restaurants and a requirement to wear a mask or face covering.
SHOWBOAT BRANSON BELLE will open Saturday, June 20.  Reservations are encouraged, but walk-up purchases are allowed.  Showboat Branson Belle will also follow guidelines to include a contactless temperature scan prior to entry, reduced seating capacity and a requirement to wear a mask face or face covering except while eating.

Silver Dollar City appreciates guests’ continued support and patience as we all work together to create a new environment for each other. For general information visit www.silverdollarcity.com 
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »
I just made a reservation for the 13th and 14th.  Are the masks required for their workers for for the guests?

Clint F

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I visit Silver Dollar City every other weekend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 04:38:49 PM »
I keep getting error messages when putting in my season pass number.  Neither one works. First,  this ticket has already been scheduled,  then, ticket not validated.  Just tried to call the city, but they closed now at 4pm. Guess I'm out of luck.   >:(
I Love SDC!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2020, 07:36:29 PM »
Looks like they are selling 4800 SDC tickets per day and 1056 WW tickets per day.
I wonder if season pass reservations are from a separate block or if they are subtracted from the number of daily tickets. Or it might also be a combination of the two.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2020, 09:11:42 PM »
I just made a reservation for the 13th and 14th.  Are the masks required for their workers for for the guests?

Everyone ages 3 and up (as it very clearly states at the bottom of your confirmation email).  Though they can be removed for extreme thrill rides
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 09:26:00 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2020, 08:00:45 AM »
Looks like they are selling 4800 SDC tickets per day and 1056 WW tickets per day.
I wonder if season pass reservations are from a separate block or if they are subtracted from the number of daily tickets. Or it might also be a combination of the two.

If that is the total number on park you will have the park to your self.

Good question if season pass holders contribute to that number. I guess we will find out come the opening weekend.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2020, 08:07:52 AM »

Be interesting to know what the "break even" number is for quests versus operating costs..   I doubt if 5000 people cover the bills..     

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2020, 08:09:24 AM »
I wondered that myself....

Quote from: sanddunerider link=topic=4165.msg80938#msg80938
date=1591103272

Be interesting to know what the "break even" number is for quests versus operating costs..   I doubt if 5000 people cover the bills..