Author Topic: Going back to SDC  (Read 71798 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Going back to SDC
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2020, 08:38:41 PM »
but to be fair the  first case in the U.S. was supposedly in January which was only 3 months ago.

That was actually 5 months ago... it’s May

France has gone back and reexamined pneumonia deaths and one in the last week of Dec was positive for Wuflu. The person had not been to China,.so they now.figure it was in France since mid Dec. Bet your bottom dollar the same will.be true in the states. California has traced back to it being here to the first week of Jan.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2020, 08:59:51 PM »
A short answer. A vaccine.

There has never been a vaccine for any coronavirus, including the common cold. Researchers have worked on it for decades, with no success.

I don't expect this virus to be any different, especially since it will mutate within 18 months.

Not like it hasn’t mutated at least a reported 4 times already during this planned-demic

Seriously if you’re scared, stay home, the rest of us are going to start living again.  Just keep in mind that staying home will also repress your immune system making you more likely to catch a lesser disease/virus when you actually do go out finally

I will!! and those of you who choose to be cavalier in your attitude please take precautions so you do not infect anyone with a compromised immune system.. I actually hope they keep it closed all year myself so the selfish will not be tempted to infect those who are choosing to be smart. But, Then the ability to ride a roller coaster is a god given right !!! The important things in life. LOL And unless you have a degree in infectious desiese or immunology your medical opinion means nothing.

The ability to live one's life how they see fit is a God given right. No one is forcing anyone to go to SDC. You go and you get it then it is on the individual that chose to go, no one else. Same goes for work, if you value that life more, quit, no one forces anyone to work, Fayetteville is full of fat, apparently happy homeless. As with all thing every action has consequence but I will not be giving up for free will and if your scared, make Bezos richer. If I die from getting Wiflu on a coaster, it was a good death.

I will say it again in a different way. I could care less about your health if you choose to be a crusader or one of the clowns that put on costumes and march on your states capital. But, you people spread it to others and that is where your rights end totally.  If you choose to go out and avoid the guidelines then you need to be quarinteened so you do not infect others !!

I feel really sorry for you if you feel a roller coaster is more important than saving lives. You and other like you must live a sad life.

And I'll say it again, stay your butt at home. My wife has been working whole time doing in person therapy and home visit therapy for her students. I'm putting in 50 hours a week making tooling to increase production at various essential businesses.and my Daughter has been working in a grocery store while being robbed of her senior year. Some of you all don't seem to realize that even in this lockdown nonsense folks are working so that you can stay home and go all Karen and lecture us about staying home and saving lives. Please, save the self righous crusading. If you don't want to die don't go out. Amazon yourself right into.depression. You never know when you are going to check out, A tree could crash down through the house and take me out tonight. I.learned it when my Father checked out at 43.and I have outlived him for 5 years so far. He went to sleeping after fishing that day and never woke up.

It is now hailing for the third time in Fayetteville today. Geez.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2020, 09:40:47 PM »
^ Are you doing ok up there in Fayetteville, Chitlins?  I live about 20 miles southwest of Little Rock in Benton and one our local weathermen, Todd Yakobian, posted on his twitter feed earlier some pictures of baseball sized hail in Fayetteville.  Nasty stuff.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2020, 12:08:31 AM »
but to be fair the  first case in the U.S. was supposedly in January which was only 3 months ago.

France has gone back and reexamined pneumonia deaths and one in the last week of Dec was positive for Wuflu. The person had not been to China,.so they now.figure it was in France since mid Dec. Bet your bottom dollar the same will.be true in the states. California has traced back to it being here to the first week of Jan.

I’m not sold that of these Kung Flu confirmed cases are actually Kung Flu.  Influenza A was horrible this year
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2020, 04:05:54 AM »
A short answer. A vaccine.

There has never been a vaccine for any coronavirus, including the common cold. Researchers have worked on it for decades, with no success.

I don't expect this virus to be any different, especially since it will mutate within 18 months.

Not like it hasn’t mutated at least a reported 4 times already during this planned-demic

Seriously if you’re scared, stay home, the rest of us are going to start living again.  Just keep in mind that staying home will also repress your immune system making you more likely to catch a lesser disease/virus when you actually do go out finally

I will!! and those of you who choose to be cavalier in your attitude please take precautions so you do not infect anyone with a compromised immune system.. I actually hope they keep it closed all year myself so the selfish will not be tempted to infect those who are choosing to be smart. But, Then the ability to ride a roller coaster is a god given right !!! The important things in life. LOL And unless you have a degree in infectious desiese or immunology your medical opinion means nothing.

The ability to live one's life how they see fit is a God given right. No one is forcing anyone to go to SDC. You go and you get it then it is on the individual that chose to go, no one else. Same goes for work, if you value that life more, quit, no one forces anyone to work, Fayetteville is full of fat, apparently happy homeless. As with all thing every action has consequence but I will not be giving up for free will and if your scared, make Bezos richer. If I die from getting Wiflu on a coaster, it was a good death.

I will say it again in a different way. I could care less about your health if you choose to be a crusader or one of the clowns that put on costumes and march on your states capital. But, you people spread it to others and that is where your rights end totally.  If you choose to go out and avoid the guidelines then you need to be quarinteened so you do not infect others !!

I feel really sorry for you if you feel a roller coaster is more important than saving lives. You and other like you must live a sad life.

And I'll say it again, stay your butt at home. My wife has been working whole time doing in person therapy and home visit therapy for her students. I'm putting in 50 hours a week making tooling to increase production at various essential businesses.and my Daughter has been working in a grocery store while being robbed of her senior year. Some of you all don't seem to realize that even in this lockdown nonsense folks are working so that you can stay home and go all Karen and lecture us about staying home and saving lives. Please, save the self righous crusading. If you don't want to die don't go out. Amazon yourself right into.depression. You never know when you are going to check out, A tree could crash down through the house and take me out tonight. I.learned it when my Father checked out at 43.and I have outlived him for 5 years so far. He went to sleeping after fishing that day and never woke up.

It is now hailing for the third time in Fayetteville today. Geez.

Just FYI,My girlfriend is a nursing home administrator and has had to self quarantine away from our home because of irresponsible people who go out without protection. So save me the drama topper. I am retired and am free to do as I please. She has told me several times it is her responsibility to not bring it home. Just as it is anyones who goes out. Yesterday in Missouri it was like nothing ever happened. All the people out without protection potentially infecting others, just because our shortsighted govoner decides to lift the order. Death projections for June are already up and people are acting like its over.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2020, 04:20:22 AM »
Please know that I am sympathetic to those who have a compromised immune system and to the elderly. There are members of my family who fall into these categories. But I also think it's important that we recognize that to many, access to an income-earning job can also be a life or death issue. I think we must recognize the seriousness of this disease for some portions of our population, do what we can to protect them as best as we are able, and then allow others to decide how much risk they are willing to take. For some, I'm sure staying home feels safe and smart because they may have the means to be able to work from home or not have to work at all, and for others I'm sure it feels maddening, not just because of "freedom" and "my rights," but because being forced to stay home means not knowing how they'll be able to afford their mortgage or car payment or grocery bill this month or the next. I feel for those who are scared of this virus for good reason, just as much as I feel for those who are scared that they won't be able to meet their family's most basic needs in an uncertain future. There may very well be SDC employees who fall into that category.

That is pretty well said woodgrain.......That may well be the answer to when will you feel comfortable enough to return to SDC?   

When the emplyees do!

The employees will be forced to.

They can choose not to and face the consequences, sure. But right now, they are being forced NOT to work. Like I said earlier, I think there should be a reasonable reopening of the country/state/individual businesses that respects the dangerous nature of this virus, while also recognizing that it can be just as dangerous to the country/state/individual if we were to attempt to keep everyone shuttered in their homes for 1 to 2 years until a vaccine is widely available. The economic consequences and the subsequent effects they will have on mental health will be dangerous. I know that line of thinking may sound callous and it may sound like the rhetoric employed by folks who also say that this isn't a serious/real health threat, but that secondary catastrophe -- suicides, mental breakdowns, domestic violence, child abuse -- is very real and should be considered in how we think about this, in my opinion. It is true that reports of those things I listed above are on the rise. Sadly, mental health issues requiring hospitalization are on the rise, domestic abuse reports are on the rise, and so are child abuse cases. The consequences of not sheltering-in-place are fairly obvious, now, but unfortunately, the consequences of sheltering-in-place are also starting to reveal themselves, too, and none of them are favorable in the least.

I would love to see some legitimate links to your research ?  And at what dollar amount of salary do you value a human life /

I don't put a dollar amount on the value of human life. We are image-bearers of our Creator and all life is precious. I'd ask you why you are so resistant to the idea that all government actions have consequences. Some good and some bad. I've heard it said about this pandemic that while all of us are in the same storm, we are not in the same boat. Some are riding this out from their vacation homes on remote islands, some are stuck in downtown high-rises, some in suburban neighborhoods, and some are out on the farm. Some can work from home because of the nature of their work, and some can not. Some don't need to work and will hardly put a dent in their savings while they wait for a return to normalcy. Some are already out of work and relying on unemployment to make ends meet. Some are picking up free food in church parking lots, many who probably never thought they would have to resort to something like that. Some are protesting on the steps of their state capitol buildings -- some out of principle and some out of necessity because they lost their jobs or the market for the goods they produce has collapsed due to government action. Again, I'm not saying the right response was to do nothing at all...all I'm saying is we should be honest with ourselves and each other as we contemplate the consequences of those actions. They are very real and life-impacting, as well.

Actually some of your links were interesting although one is data before the shutdown started. The pandemic is no excuse for DV and that situation will arise eventually regardless. They victims should be out of there irregardless of a pandemic or not. As for the other stuff you mentioned above I am agnostic so the creator thing does not go far with me. What I am saying is that if you choose to go out then it is your responsibility to not spread the disease! plain and simple. If SDC opens then it is going to be with strict guidelines and social distancing rules. Hope everyone is prepared to see citizens in masks and hopefully they will require customers to wear them also.
Just because there is sanitizer do you think people will use it? Especially the planademic crowd ? Will people balk at wearing protection or submitting to having thier temperature taken ? Will they respect distancing marks on the floors and sidewalks ?

pintrader

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2020, 06:10:49 AM »

Right....I was just using a time reference.

105 days  =  Approx 3 1/2  Months

pintrader

« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2020, 06:16:02 AM »

I’m not sold that of these Kung Flu confirmed cases are actually Kung Flu.  Influenza A was horrible this year

I don't believe they can confirm a case of COVID-19 unless they were tested......could be wrong about that.

Yes...Influenza A was bad this year.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 06:22:20 AM by Pintrader »

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2020, 06:54:36 AM »
I find it interesting that the vast majority of people screaming at people to stay home are either still working and collecting a paycheck or retired/disabled and collecting a paycheck.  If you are so scared, you can stay home.  The rest of us that don't have pre-existing health problems will keep the economy and supply chain going for you and help build up herd immunity.

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2020, 10:20:12 AM »
Yesterday in Missouri it was like nothing ever happened. All the people out without protection potentially infecting others, just because our shortsighted govoner decides to lift the order. Death projections for June are already up and people are acting like its over.

So what are you suggesting? You have to admit that society can't be shutdown indefinitely.

The quarantining was implemented in the first place to keep hospitals and health care facilities from being overrun, not to prevent the whole spread of the virus. There was always going to be a spike in cases no matter when things were opened up.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2020, 10:54:12 AM »
I find it interesting that the vast majority of people screaming at people to stay home are either still working and collecting a paycheck or retired/disabled and collecting a paycheck.  If you are so scared, you can stay home.  The rest of us that don't have pre-existing health problems will keep the economy and supply chain going for you and help build up herd immunity.

I'm still working and collect paychecks and I'm saying make your own mind up and don't lecture me if I want to go to a theme park.

Article on France
https://www.dailywire.com/news/france-discovers-coronavirus-from-china-hit-their-country-much-sooner-than-realized

Other folks because of the Wuflu but not from the Wuflu

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dozens-dead-after-lockdown-measures-delayed-their-heart-surgeries-health-official-certainly-was-not-intended

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
Yesterday in Missouri it was like nothing ever happened. All the people out without protection potentially infecting others, just because our shortsighted govoner decides to lift the order. Death projections for June are already up and people are acting like its over.

So what are you suggesting? You have to admit that society can't be shutdown indefinitely.

The quarantining was implemented in the first place to keep hospitals and health care facilities from being overrun, not to prevent the whole spread of the virus. There was always going to be a spike in cases no matter when things were opened up.

It is the shifting of goal posts for other means.

Runner is literally going to worry himself death it seems.

And... I agree with what this  cat said long ago at the beginning along with Sweden

"‘Going outdoors is what stops every respiratory disease’

A veteran scholar of epidemiology has warned that the ongoing lockdowns throughout the United States and the rest of the world are almost certainly just prolonging the coronavirus outbreak rather than doing anything to truly mitigate it.

Knut Wittkowski, previously the longtime head of the Department of Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design at the Rockefeller University in New York City, said in an interview with the Press and the Public Project that the coronavirus could be “exterminated” if we permitted most people to lead normal lives and sheltered the most vulnerable parts of society until the danger had passed.

“[W]hat people are trying to do is flatten the curve. I don’t really know why. But, what happens is if you flatten the curve, you also prolong, to widen it, and it takes more time. And I don’t see a good reason for a respiratory disease to stay in the population longer than necessary,” he said.

“With all respiratory diseases, the only thing that stops the disease is herd immunity. About 80% of the people need to have had contact with the virus, and the majority of them won’t even have recognized that they were infected, or they had very, very mild symptoms, especially if they are children. So, it’s very important to keep the schools open and kids mingling to spread the virus to get herd immunity as fast as possible, and then the elderly people, who should be separated, and the nursing homes should be closed during that time, can come back and meet their children and grandchildren after about 4 weeks when the virus has been exterminated,” he added."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 11:23:39 AM by chittlins »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2020, 01:08:24 PM »

Did I say quarantine anywhere ? I said without protection. I could care less if people get out but then it is their responsibility to not spread it to others.  People not wearing protection, Not respecting the social distancing guidelines !  I am out every day but I am taking the necessary precautions.  It is my responsibility to not potentially infect others.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-deaths-exceed-70000-as-forecasting-models-predict-grim-summer/ar-BB13Dk71?li=BBnb7Kz
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 01:14:46 PM by runner1960 »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2020, 01:13:09 PM »

I'm still working and collect paychecks and I'm saying make your own mind up and don't lecture me if I want to go to a theme park.

Then take the personal responsibility that comes along with it !

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2020, 01:42:50 PM »

Did I say quarantine anywhere ? I said without protection. I could care less if people get out but then it is their responsibility to not spread it to others.  People not wearing protection, Not respecting the social distancing guidelines !  I am out every day but I am taking the necessary precautions.  It is my responsibility to not potentially infect others.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-coronavirus-deaths-exceed-70000-as-forecasting-models-predict-grim-summer/ar-BB13Dk71?li=BBnb7Kz

Then what did you mean by the text I highlighted?