Author Topic: Going back to SDC  (Read 71757 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Going back to SDC
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2020, 03:32:01 PM »
A short answer. A vaccine.

There has never been a vaccine for any coronavirus, including the common cold. Researchers have worked on it for decades, with no success.

I don't expect this virus to be any different, especially since it will mutate within 18 months.

Not like it hasn’t mutated at least a reported 4 times already during this planned-demic

Seriously if you’re scared, stay home, the rest of us are going to start living again.  Just keep in mind that staying home will also repress your immune system making you more likely to catch a lesser disease/virus when you actually do go out finally

I will!! and those of you who choose to be cavalier in your attitude please take precautions so you do not infect anyone with a compromised immune system.. I actually hope they keep it closed all year myself so the selfish will not be tempted to infect those who are choosing to be smart. But, Then the ability to ride a roller coaster is a god given right !!! The important things in life. LOL And unless you have a degree in infectious desiese or immunology your medical opinion means nothing.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 03:45:52 PM by runner1960 »

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2020, 04:21:45 PM »
Think they have Outlaw Run masks available for sale yet?

LOL- or maybe Baldknobber masks
I'm Your Huckleberry

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 04:30:58 PM »
Everyone who's saying this is a "planned-demic" can keep their tinfoil hats on and believe what they want to believe.

As for going back, I'd be okay with operating the city at 50% capacity (possibly based off of reservations?) and alternating seating on coasters. Mark off 6 feet for queue lines, and gradually open up shops. Once everything seems to be going down, then start to open the park back up to full capacity, gradually.

This allows the park to open, but also meet CDC guidelines and make folks feel a bit safer.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2020, 06:55:26 PM »
but also meet CDC guidelines and make folks feel a bit safer.

Isnt this the key?   "make folks feel a bit safer"

Watch out with the "tinfoil" comments. ::)..   

Dont get me started on the people gathering the punch bowl and drinking the Kool-Aid. >:(

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2020, 07:23:36 PM »
I will be curious to see if they are still gonna do a "normal" media day or anything at all for MRF when they open.  I was set to attend for its original opening.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 07:27:15 PM by sdcfan88 »

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2020, 08:18:08 PM »
Just saw where Holiday World announced they plan to open June 14th.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2020, 08:25:16 PM »

You can literally get a handkerchief at Walmart
SWOOSH

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2020, 09:25:16 PM »
I do not know anyone personally that has been confirmed to have this. I am concerned about getting it and passing it to elderly family members.

I did not get passes this year, because I am saving money for a large purchase. Otherwise, if it opened tomorrow, I would go.

I have always kept my distance from others out of personal preference with the exception of theaters and queue lines.

They have hand sanitizer stations around the park.  If you are uncomfortable then wear a mask or don't go

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »

...but not a branded one that advertises Silver Dollar City!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2020, 12:30:29 AM »

...but not a branded one that advertises Silver Dollar City!

Could have sworn I saw some in the store at the ride... maybe I just imagined it
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2020, 05:48:32 AM »
Otherwise, if it opened tomorrow, I would go.

I have always kept my distance from others out of personal preference with the exception of theaters and queue lines.

They have hand sanitizer stations around the park. 

If you are uncomfortable then wear a mask or don't go

^^  what he said.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2020, 08:40:44 AM »
I make face masks.......I have paint. Wont be officially licensed but fun to make.

pintrader

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »
I do not know anyone personally that has been confirmed to have this. I am concerned about getting it and passing it to elderly family members.

I did not get passes this year, because I am saving money for a large purchase. Otherwise, if it opened tomorrow, I would go.

They have hand sanitizer stations around the park.  If you are uncomfortable then wear a mask or don't go

I do not know anyone that has personally had it either, but to be fair the first case in the U.S. was supposedly in January which was only 3 months ago.  The first case in Lawrence County Mo. was yesterday in which I live.  If guidelines and social distancing had not been implemented everyone might know someone that had it or has it, and still might.  It will eventually get into the rural areas.

I too try to keep my distance from others at SDC, but that really is just impossible to do even on a small attendance day.  Will young children practice and be able to social distance??

Hand sanitizers would definitely help but still be just a drop in the bucket considering the rides and all the handrails that would constanly need sanitizing.  In some areas it would be possible but extremely challenging in others.

I see everyone's point in wanting to go, it's a tough decision to open or not throughout the entire country, but it just seems we don't know near as much about it as we really should at this point.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 09:23:44 AM by Pintrader »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2020, 11:36:33 AM »
Okay, after a lot of soul-searching I have to ask the question: What would SDC have to do to make you feel comfortable enough to go back?  Our first planned trip of the year is for the 16th - 17th of this month for Bluegrass and BBQ.  I asked my wife (i really don't see it happening) but what if that was the weekend they decided to open for the season.  Would we go then?  What would have to happen for us to feel comfortable enough to go?  Make it mandatory that everyone wear a mask of some kind?  Do a temperature check for everyone going into the park?  Limit the number of people in the park?  What would they need to do?

Just Open

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2020, 11:38:59 AM »
A short answer. A vaccine.

This virus has shown it can already mutate, last years flu vaccine was 29% effective, if you are banking on a vaccine good luck.