Author Topic: Guy Fieri Coming to Branson Landing  (Read 4133 times)

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Guy Fieri Coming to Branson Landing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 09:31:35 AM »
I saw this yestarday,,,  LOL..!!   

Just what "we" needed,!  Another overpriced, glorifed restaraunt, hoping/planning on selling his product using his name/reputation.

Location?,  LOL, Of course The Landing. No better way than to target the "tourist" trade in Branson, than to build at The Landing.

Except for the Grand Opening, I wouldnt expect to see him (Guy Fieri), in the area,  His money yes....   LOL,  But he isnt going to be fixing your lunch/dinner for you..

Good luck to him,  With the overhead there, be interesting to see how long it lasts.... 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 04:32:30 PM »
Why such much pessimism in your post? It’ll cater to the convention crowd just like Paula Deen.  I just don’t understand why some of you have such disdain when it comes to additions at the Landing.  It doesn’t matter if you’ll visit it or not, it’s always a good thing when new things come to town
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 10:37:38 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 07:20:30 AM »
Why such much pessimism in your post? It’ll cater to the connection crowd just like Paula Deen.  I just don’t understand why some of you have such disdain when it comes to additions at the Landing.  It doesn’t matter if you’ll visit it or not, it’s always a good thing when new things come to town

You are right :)..

it doesnt matter if I "like" it or not, or "approve" of it or not... ???   

Just posting my thoughts.. 

I can go into more detail about my "real" opinions if need be.. ::)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 04:27:16 PM »
Exactly my take on the situation too. Probably will never frequent the place but if the masses want this then it will survive. Its kind of sad though that the masses consider Paula Dean and Guy fine dining LOL. 
I'll stick to the small local eateries that produce good food. But if celebrities are your cup of tea go for it. BTW this is a restaurant management company that leases the name and recipes.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2019, 10:39:17 PM »
I mean I’ll probably never eat there either - I’m more of a CFA or Pizza Ranch kind of guy.  This will cater, like I said, to the convention crowd - and there’s literally several each week across the street at Hilton.  It’ll do just fine
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2019, 01:56:28 PM »
Its kind of sad though that the masses consider Paula Dean and Guy fine dining LOL. 
I'll stick to the small local eateries that produce good food.

Fine Dining... LOL...  Funny!!!

Locally owned Mom and Pops for me, every time. Lots of quality sit down or carry out places in town to support..

Bogart

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 04:38:27 PM »
These type of restaurants are almost exclusively targeted at tourists.  I doubt anyone considers it fine dining but just a fun place to go with your family when you’re on vacation.  The more of these places the better.  It means more tourism tax dollars for our town and schools to spend.  My kids thank Guy and Paula for supporting their education.