Author Topic: Attendance Question  (Read 2601 times)

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Attendance Question
« on: July 25, 2019, 10:11:20 PM »
What is the correlation between park attendance, and ride time wait? And yes, obviously I know that more people equals longer waits. Im asking about how long were waits when there were 10,000+ people in the park? or how about <10,000?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Attendance Question
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 10:53:35 PM »
What is the correlation between park attendance, and ride time wait? And yes, obviously I know that more people equals longer waits. Im asking about how long were waits when there were 10,000+ people in the park? or how about <10,000?

Completely depends on the time of year (festival) and the ride (some have higher PPH than others).
SWOOSH

Fergy328

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 11:07:57 PM »

Completely depends on the time of year (festival) and the ride (some have higher PPH than others).

Im going to the park this saturday if that helps narrow things down.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2019, 07:05:27 AM »

Im going to the park this saturday if that helps narrow things down.

Well it’s the first Midnight Madness.  During “prime time” it’s going to be busy, but if you stay until close the payoff will be shorter lines for night rides
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »
Keep in mind that this park is pretty efficient and has high capacity rides. It takes a lot of people for there to be much of a line build-up anywhere. Plus, the crowds haven't been very big this summer.

During the moonlight madness event, there tends to be an early crowd and a late crowd that switches out, so the total visitor count for the day is pretty high, but during most of the day the park feels pretty light.

I'd say around 6-8pm is probably peak crowds. If you stay till midnight you'll probably get to marathon Time Traveler in the dark.

The really huge crowds won't start showing up until the pumpkin festival starts. I'm curious to see if our pumpkin event will rival Christmas like it does at DW.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 08:29:58 AM »
Keep in mind that both Time Traveler and ThuNderaTion will close for fireworks but will reopen after the area has been deemed clear
SWOOSH