Author Topic: The SDCFans Lounge  (Read 129461 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The SDCFans Lounge
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2007, 08:14:23 PM »
I love Christmas music. But I think right after Halloween is the perfect time to start it, or right after Thanksgiving. But not year round.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2007, 08:35:52 PM »
I still think it's annoying though, that Thanksgiving is run over every year because all the merchants are focused on Christmas. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, it almost seems like holidays exist for the sole purpose of aiding merchants. Probably one of the only reasons we pay attention to Thanksgiving is the fact that stores have sales on it and the day after. And don't even get me started on the appearance of Easter Bunnies in the mall, on which you can sit and ask for easter presents.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2007, 09:52:22 PM »
Well hello everyone!!! It seems like forever since I have been on here. I've been so busy with high school it's been hard to get on here. I had a lot of reading and catching up to do. I really hope i can start being on here as much as I used to. I used to check the site every night and tonight was my first time posting in almost 20 days...

Well Merry Christmas everyone!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2008, 10:12:23 AM »
Super Bowl XLII tomorrow!! Anyone going to watch it? Even if you don't like football the commercials are always good. I'm hoping the Chiefs will be there in a couple years.  ::)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 07:07:22 PM »
Yeah, I'll be watching. I'm not into football, but even I'm impressed by the Patriots' undefeated season. It'll be interesting to see who wins.

Plus, ya gotta love the Super Bowl commercials! And a new episode of House comes on right after, so I'm definitely watching that as well.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »
Okay the commercials weren't great but the football game sure was!! I loved how the Patriots perfect season ended just as quick as it started. My favorite commercial was the Will Farrell one where he said "Bud Light, suck one." It was comical! I also enjoyed the ugly girl and the cashew nut. The commercials have been declining in recent years though.

What was everyone else's thoughts on the game/commercials?

Max

• I am a Happy Frog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2008, 11:26:50 AM »
I liked the Will Farrell one too. Also liked the Buddhweiser Clydesdale commercialwith the Rocky Theme.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2008, 05:47:40 PM »
Okay we just bought our SDC season tickets. How long do they usually take to come in?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 05:48:59 PM by Coaster »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 07:19:18 PM »
Dolly Parton is on American Idol y'all! Woohoo...

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2008, 12:11:05 AM »
Hey guys! I'm in Branson at our hotel. I'll be at the park tomorrow and I'm just wondering if you guys want any particular pictures.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »
Whatever hits your fancy man, it's all good. Just for kicks though, if you remember the bit about the old train station stairs and the remnants of the Gandy Dancers and the ferris wheel near the curly-que bridge, you might look around there while you're walking through and get some shots - just for us geeks.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2008, 09:52:28 PM »
Sorry but I got the post too late. We'll be back to SDC later this year though since we have season tickets.

Interesting things from my Trip:
  • When we got to the park around 10:00 (we got going a little late) the park wasn't busy at all, but by the afternoon it was pretty busy.
  • I'd advise not to ride the Amerian Plunge whenever it is 50 degrees or less. My sister was not the brightest and she rode it twice! She was freezing!! So after that we went into the apple butter shop and she stood next to the heater. The ride ops told her that they would've let her stay in the same boat until 7 o' clock that night since she was one of the only people to ride it that morning.
  • All the shows were VERY busy. We tried to get into The Feet of Fire twice but each time it was practically full.
  • Thunderation was EXTRA smooth
  • The GIANT Swing seemed a lot shorter.

The weather was great (when it got warmer in the afternoon) and it was a great weekend to go!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:53:05 PM by Coaster »

sdcforever

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »
The GIANT Swing seemed a lot shorter.

I've noticed that too.  I haven't been yet this year (am hoping to visit soon) but we rode it in May and November of last year.  The ride was definitely shorter in November compared to May.  It was a warm day in November and actually more crowded when we visited in May, so I don't think weather or the number of people in the park had anything to do with it.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2008, 06:40:18 PM »
Maybe they fluctuate how much air is let into the tanks based on maintainence issues...

Funny how we talk about SDC even in the 'Other' categories.

Man, I've been so busy lately... I'm finding it near impossible to get everything I need to get done done - seems to be a constant theme with me over the last few months.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2008, 06:24:16 PM »
What type of music do you guys like to listen to? I like Christian rock mostly but I'll also listen to almost anything else with a rhythm. Except for rap and hip-hop. I'm not into that stuff.