Author Topic: Favorite "spots" in the city  (Read 8097 times)

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Favorite "spots" in the city
« on: May 27, 2018, 09:59:27 AM »
Wat are some of your favorite small spots in the city? Theres a lot to mention but Ill start...

I love the pathway leading down to and around the knifeshop at Christmastime. Just somethin about it lit up at night, and its never crowded.

Another favorite spot of mine is standing by the ribhouse watching the LR go by.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite "spots" in the city
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 08:48:52 AM »
Just outside of the gift shop at Outlaw Run.  Usually not that crowded and they've got Western movie themes playing on the loud speakers.  I love to browse around and read the signage and look at the stagecoach.  Great theming! 
I'm Your Huckleberry

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:33:25 PM »
I like the quiet area between the leather shop and mountain outfitters. Shady and uncrowded. A lot of trees. It is just a nice quiet area away from the hustle of the park.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 06:58:45 PM »
the homestead, either sitting on the porch with the Pickers, or in the back watching the animals.  I love to hide and relax back there.

My son's would be on the cooking school's back patio deck in one of the rockers.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Jipper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:20:10 PM »
I always like to sit on the second level behind Lumbercamp Burgers and watch the waterfall. 2nd place is inside the ice cream parlor by one of the windows... Air-conditioning and ice cream, what a deal!

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 10:05:20 AM »
I enjoy sitting at Dockside Grill sometimes and just enjoy the view of the lake and people watching.  And I second the appreciation of the 2nd level of Lumbercamp Burgers overlooking the waterfall.  Can sometimes catch a nice breeze in the shade and the view is great.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 10:50:41 AM »
Smelling the fresh baked goods from the bakery when I first walk into the park. I also enjoy sitting on the back patio of the culinary school. Another favorite is inside Wilderness Church looking out the back window.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 06:00:22 PM »
Hmm I have never been on the 2nd level at Lumberjack camp.  I guess Im going to have to check it out next time we are there.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 10:10:16 AM »
I loved to stand at the knife maker and watch Ray hammer out a blade.  Gone WAY too soon.

RedDirt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 01:57:14 PM »
Hey there folks! Headed to SDC this evenin' from Tulsa, OK. Be at the city bright and early tomorrow mornin'.  In honor of my younger brother .... obliviously still alive DeweyBald .............. Uncle Zeb says .... " I'll be lookin" fer ya!"

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 09:40:19 PM »
Sitting on the front porch of the cabin listening to the Homestead Pickers.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 06:40:52 AM »
The little stream on the left side of the square heading down towards the leather - knife making shops. It is where i asked my wife to marry me. But the 1 that reminds me most of when i was a kid, is the back of the bathrooms by the old time photos. It was, & still is fun to watch the train come around the corner. And of course, when i was a teenager, i would hide out back there & smoke cigarettes.. Shame on me! Thank Heaven it was the 80s!!  :o
Live life like it's the last day!

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2018, 02:01:50 PM »
Hmm I have never been on the 2nd level at Lumberjack camp.  I guess Im going to have to check it out next time we are there.
Its a great spot, almost put it myself.
I just wish their burgers were as good as they are at the wagon works.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 02:02:42 PM »
Smelling the fresh baked goods from the bakery when I first walk into the park. I also enjoy sitting on the back patio of the culinary school. Another favorite is inside Wilderness Church looking out the back window.
Yes the view out the back of the church isnt as good as it once was but that church is all great.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2018, 02:04:47 PM »
Ill add the saloon que and down by the bakery watching the mill wheel work by the swinging bridge.

Too many good spots!