Author Topic: Pin Trading  (Read 2663 times)

DocSpeleo

Pin Trading
« on: November 06, 2008, 10:23:37 AM »
Just wondering how many of the people on the list are into the Silver Dollar City Pins....

I wasn't until this year and now I am looking hard for some of the earlier pins.
Each one is limited to a run of only 250!  Sounds crazy... but that's all that are made of each pin.

So any traders/collectors out there?

Have any of you submitted your own pin design?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Pin Trading
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 10:50:58 AM »
I haven't done any actual trading; I've just bought all mine. I've got a lot of the limited editions because those are the coolest ones.

I would submit some designs, but I don't know how to do so. I've never been fortunate enough to go to the pin trading events.

I think SDC should set up a new section on their site where people can create accounts and check off the pins they have and how many and check off the ones they need and set up trades or something.

Joy

DocSpeleo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »
That would be a great idea.  I may have to give them that idea.  I know they are not happy with the site as it is now.
You submit designs by picking up the form on park.  It's turned in by mid October, and designs are approved and winners announced by mid November.  My roommate and her family submitted 3 designs last year, her mom won and she and her father were runners up and all three pins were made.  Quite cool.
This year I submitted a design and had another idea so my little brother submitted it under his name.

I haven't done any actual trading; I've just bought all mine. I've got a lot of the limited editions because those are the coolest ones.

I would submit some designs, but I don't know how to do so. I've never been fortunate enough to go to the pin trading events.

I think SDC should set up a new section on their site where people can create accounts and check off the pins they have and how many and check off the ones they need and set up trades or something.

Joy

shorty

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 08:42:18 AM »
that's cool. so what were their designs?

DocSpeleo

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 11:06:03 PM »
ummm... well let me think...

one was the jail, the water clock, and the bridge (over troubled water)

DocSpeleo

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 11:07:07 PM »
Here's my winning design... I can't wait to see what it looks like when they "pin" it!  yeah!
I'll have to have a competition to give one away to the SDC Fan group....

sdcforever

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 12:17:38 PM »
^Cool design!  I like it.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 02:32:09 PM »
Great design Doc!