Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148393 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2019, 09:42:37 PM »
I would really love for them to revamp the current AP which might include adding back in the abandoned sections of river.  I pointed those out to the kid last time we were there over by the WF and he was fascinated with it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2019, 10:24:00 PM »
Mystic River Falls Construction from Mother's Day
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/05/mystic-river-falls-sdc.html

Just in case anyone missed the latest update
SWOOSH

msu24

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 17, 2019, 10:44:28 PM »
It would be pretty cool if they turned AP into a newer version of Buzz Saw Falls that was replaced by Powder Keg.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #273 on: May 18, 2019, 02:08:05 AM »
Mystic River Falls Construction from Mother's Day
https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/05/mystic-river-falls-sdc.html

Just in case anyone missed the latest update

Thanks for that. And yeah interesting we already got names leaked. Saw those a few days ago and made note of them in my other post. I had also seen they went and further drained what was left of Lake Silver, looks like some construction might move over there soon as they had one of the mini excavators parked over there. And yeah that one hole/footer is still quite massive when seen in person. Definitely gonna be a lift or tower structure of some kind.

It would be pretty cool if they turned AP into a newer version of Buzz Saw Falls that was replaced by Powder Keg.

Not likely to ever happen. While I always had a soft spot for Buzzsaw Falls and thought it had a neat concept with a lot of potential, it just wasn't executed well. It was a major maintenance headache for the park which is why it got converted in the first place. Though some could argue Powderkeg isn't much better maintenance wise.

And now with Time Traveler, they have yet another temperamental coaster on their hands as they have quickly learned. Their next coaster really needs to be a GCI or more notably a B&M.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:41:14 PM by sdcfan88 »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 31, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
For those curious, here are some construction progress photos. Shot these while at the park yesterday.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k60A54hthY

« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:27:16 PM by sdcfan88 »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2019, 06:47:29 PM »
great photos.  what a convoluted mess those pipes look like.  lol
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2019, 08:06:21 PM »
Great Pics..  Lets have some water pipes!!!    LOL...  I hope they have a good schematic..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2019, 08:21:32 PM »
Great Pics..  Lets have some water pipes!!!    LOL...  I hope they have a good schematic..

The water pipes are for the new Rib House.  It’s a little hard to follow where each photo is without captions, but that’s what all of those white pipes are for near the fence
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 01, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »

The water pipes are for the new Rib House.  It’s a little hard to follow where each photo is without captions, but that’s what all of those white pipes are for near the fence

IF that is for Rib House,  thats a lot of water pipes and Elect Conduit for 1 building,  Bu then again that particlar area may be the restrooms...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 01, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »

IF that is for Rib House,  thats a lot of water pipes and Elect Conduit for 1 building,  But then again that particlar area may be the restrooms...

Looks exactly like how Cotton Blossom BBQ at WOF looked before it went vertical.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 01, 2019, 08:30:45 PM »
LOOK!!!  More water pipes and plumbing!!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 04, 2019, 03:56:39 AM »
I do wonder if new water cannons and another splash pad will go in here somewhere.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 04, 2019, 02:36:54 PM »
I do wonder if new water cannons and another splash pad will go in here somewhere.

They left the control boxes for water canons on the path to the Farm. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #283 on: June 04, 2019, 06:56:00 PM »
Great photos as always, thanks for sharing.

Doesn't the channel look kind of wonky? The edge walls aren't quite as deep and straight as the old ones, or maybe my memory's just bad. Hard to conceptualize what it will look like in action for some reason.

Lots of big foundational elements still going up. Can't wait to see them finally start fleshing out the rest of the channel.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 05, 2019, 06:43:43 AM »
Great photos as always, thanks for sharing.

Doesn't the channel look kind of wonky? The edge walls aren't quite as deep and straight as the old ones, or maybe my memory's just bad. Hard to conceptualize what it will look like in action for some reason.

Lots of big foundational elements still going up. Can't wait to see them finally start fleshing out the rest of the channel.

Very hard to "picture" it for sure so far..  the Channels will look 150% different after landscaping, Blue Paint and full of water..  LOL..

Anxious for structure to start going vertical