Author Topic: SDC and White Water in one day  (Read 4656 times)

themeparknerd

• View Profile
SDC and White Water in one day
« on: June 06, 2017, 08:27:59 AM »
My husband and I are taking our nephews down this weekend for a quick trip to SDC and Whitewater, but unfortunately we only have one day. (We're getting them in on our BAFF passes, and it's the last chance we'll have to use them before they expire.) SDC is open 9:30-7, White Water 10-6.

Right now our plan is to be at SDC by the time they open, go for a late lunch at Wendy's (the boys' favorite place to eat), and then go to White Water, heading back to SDC whenever the boys feel done with the water park. Are we crazy for wanting to do both parks in one day, or is it fairly doable? Any suggestions for how to make it work best? Would it be better to start at one park and then close out the other?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC and White Water in one day
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 08:47:49 AM »
You will take 2 hours out of that operating day by moving between parks, trams/driving/parking again/ turnstyles/ changing into swimwear/ lockers/ ect.   Personally, I think you would be better served to hang at SDC for the day.  It's easy to overwhelm the kids with choices.  Either way you will have a great time.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 09:45:52 AM »
That sounds exhausting....I'd only plan for one park hop....I can't imaging being able to do two...you will spend the whole day in transition....watching your watch....and feeling rushed.  I would personally do WW first....you can do most of it in 2-3 hours and run through Wendy's and eat on the way to SDC if I where to attempt this feat.  I don't know how old the boys are but make sure they understand they are going to be leaving and get them prepped for it so you don't have meltdowns.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:21:34 AM »
My advice is to stay at SDC for the day! You're going on a weekend and both parks will be crowded, so why waste time going back and forth? The others are right about dealing with traffic, trams, lines, etc.  SDC has enough water rides to keep them wet, good food choices, the Stunt Dog show was good (it surprised me!), the Globetrotters might still be there, and there are concerts at Echo Hollow Fri. - Sun. night  (Fri. -Lovin Spoonful) and (Sat. - Poco) and (Sun. - Rare Earth).  Music may not be their first choice being young, but I saw many kids there for Spinners and Association last weekend, and all seemed to be enjoying it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:56:18 AM by Gilligan »

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »
I respectfully disagree with Humphrey, if you do this you have to hit SDC first and you have to arrive to the park at least 45 minutes before chain drop. Weekend traffic getting in after 11 is guaranteed to suck...and probably sooner than that. As others have said you could spend the whole day at sdc unless they are only interested in rides in which case plan out your route beforehand and you can be done by noon or 1, but that almost seems like a waste.

Its possible to do what you are saying but be aware that you cannot lollygag around in the morning in getting to the park. Also be aware that you will have a late day to get your moneys worth. And be preapared for them and you to be exhausted, perhaps so much so that after Wendys they arent too excited about WW or the adults wont be excited about a drive home.

I dont know your situation but SDC, wendys, a nap, putt putt golfing etc., a cheap hotel and white water the next day would be your best bet. Good luck.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 06:32:43 PM »
I highly recommend not trying SDC and WW both in 1 day, especially on Friday or Saturday. What else do you have to do that you dont have much time? If you want to do both parks, just forget the show or whatever else it is and do each park on a separate day. If you try to do both parks in 1 day, I highly doubt you will enjoy your day. If you really cant reschedule and can only fit this into 1 day, I say stay at WW and take your pick of entertainment for that night.