Author Topic: 2 weeks left  (Read 6710 times)

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: 2 weeks left
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 06:55:38 PM »
I left at 3:30, and already had iced over windows. Took me an extra 30 minutes to get home, and when I started to leave for a dinner at 5:30, slid across the road! Be safe out there~
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 07:30:40 PM »
be careful out there,

Here in eastern kansas, i am at -18, but snow has stopped with no accumualtion,

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 11:03:11 PM »
be careful out there,

Here in eastern kansas, i am at -18, but snow has stopped with no accumualtion,

Here in NW Iowa we're at -18, and going to get to -30. We also got over seven inches of snow yesterday! Winter is finally here ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 09:19:39 AM »
good luck,  we are done with the bad weather there for now,  no power loss, no snow, cold todsy, warming up tomorrow.. ;D

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 10:19:12 PM »
Sundays high is going to be around 22.  So of course that's the day my wife planned to go with our friends who have 6 little ones (along with our 4)  Should be interesting.

That's a lot of cold kids!  Invest in heat packs and put them in every pocket, tuck them in boots, and the rim of stocking hats. Makes a huge difference!  Have fun!

Tonight was great!  We thought we were going to have to cancel our trip due to road conditions but modot did their job and got everything clear down here.  We walked on to all 7 things we rode.  We didn't get to see Santa.  The line was a bit crazy but we did see Rudolph.  Most roller coasters were shut down because the temp never made it to 40.  We were there about 4 hours.  The square for the parade and the mass exodus were nuts.  But they did a really good job with crowd control and I didn't hear anyone complain!

Happy you were able to make it.  We had no choice to cancel - we are iced in and still going strong.

With that many kids I expect to spend as much time at the bathroom as we do on rides :/  We rescheduled the fun for Wednesday.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"