Author Topic: 2 weeks left  (Read 6707 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
2 weeks left
« on: December 14, 2016, 06:26:43 PM »
With about 2 weeks left in the season, what are your plans about attending SDC? or Branson?

We will roll into town on tuesday the 27th. will see shows and SDC, and the Christmas Village, all depending on weather.. ;D   
Will stay through NYE where we will be going to Grand Country to see the new 2017 show and bring in the new year.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: 2 weeks left
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:32:19 PM »
We were going to go this weekend but thanks to weather we are scrubbing that trip. Maybe Thursday next week. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:19:09 AM »
this weekends forecast does look terrible for most of the midwest.. I am supposed to travle for christmas sunday,   BUT may have to reschedule....

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »
We are heading down tomorrow as soon as we pick the kids up from school at 1 pm.  Hopefully the impending weather will keep the crowds down!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 06:30:58 PM »
We are heading down tomorrow as soon as we pick the kids up from school at 1 pm.  Hopefully the impending weather will keep the crowds down!

Diana, from what the weather is supposed to do, you may be the only ones there sat evening and sunday.  LOL..  enjoy.!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 06:37:59 PM »
Planning on a quick trip this weekend -- at SDC for late afternoon and evening this Friday and headed home on Saturday.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 07:15:08 PM »
We were coming this weekend and pulling a trailer!  Not sure what to do at this point!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 08:13:15 PM »
We plan to be at SDC on Saturday.  Yes, we're true fans!
I'm Your Huckleberry

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 09:54:45 PM »

Diana, from what the weather is supposed to do, you may be the only ones there sat evening and sunday.  LOL..  enjoy.!

Lol!  We are just going down for Friday afternoon/evening.  We are close enough to not have to worry about getting a room, etc.  I was supposed to head to kc on Saturday to watch my Bearcats play in the d2 championship game.  We decided the weather is just going to be too awful to do that. 

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 10:21:48 PM »
Tonight was great!  We thought we were going to have to cancel our trip due to road conditions but modot did their job and got everything clear down here.  We walked on to all 7 things we rode.  We didn't get to see Santa.  The line was a bit crazy but we did see Rudolph.  Most roller coasters were shut down because the temp never made it to 40.  We were there about 4 hours.  The square for the parade and the mass exodus were nuts.  But they did a really good job with crowd control and I didn't hear anyone complain! 

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 11:40:28 PM »
Sundays high is going to be around 22.  So of course that's the day my wife planned to go with our friends who have 6 little ones (along with our 4)  Should be interesting.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 07:44:27 AM »
Tonight was great!  We thought we were going to have to cancel our trip due to road conditions but modot did their job and got everything clear down here.  We walked on to all 7 things we rode.  We didn't get to see Santa.  The line was a bit crazy but we did see Rudolph.  Most roller coasters were shut down because the temp never made it to 40.  We were there about 4 hours.  The square for the parade and the mass exodus were nuts.  But they did a really good job with crowd control and I didn't hear anyone complain!

Glad you had a good visit.! :)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
Sundays high is going to be around 22.  So of course that's the day my wife planned to go with our friends who have 6 little ones (along with our 4)  Should be interesting.

That's a lot of cold kids!  Invest in heat packs and put them in every pocket, tuck them in boots, and the rim of stocking hats. Makes a huge difference!  Have fun!

Happy you were able to make it.  We had no choice to cancel - we are iced in and still going strong.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 02:27:09 PM »
Hoping to get out there at least one day this week if all goes well and the weather cooperates.  We have tickets for the Hughes Brothers we have to use this next week as well before they expire.  Not sure what day for either though.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 05:46:24 PM »
Park closed early today due to weather.  We'll see if it opens tomorrow or not. 
Six Flags didn't bother opening this weekend due to weather.
SWOOSH