Author Topic: Thrillator Launches  (Read 3550 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Thrillator Launches
« on: October 10, 2008, 07:03:26 PM »
I finally finished my other project, dubbed "Thrillator". Thrillator is a basic web 2.0 news generation site - you know, the type where you submit news stories from other sites and vote on them. The voting isn't really the point of the site though, I just thought it would be great to have a place to pull stuff from Screamscape, MIG, NewsPlusNotes, ARN&R, and others into one easy to use place. It'll be a great resource for webmasters, giving everybody with worthy content a lot of free publicity.

I shouldn't have said it was finished, in fact, it's only in beta stage. I really need a few of you guys to check it out over the weekend and see how it treats you. I've been over it a few times, but I'm sure there are some major bugs left, not to mention several kinks that need to be worked out. I'm planning to start publicizing it on Monday.

Check it out -> http://www.thrillator.com/

sdcforever

Re: Thrillator Launches
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 10:56:24 AM »
It looks good, and it treated me well!  No major problems navigating the site.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Thrillator Launches
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »
I re-launched the site today.

The original content was getting too stagnant. The stories submitted were mostly stuff that everyone had seen already. So now I'm focusing on not only producing fresh content myself, but also tracking down undiscovered interesting content on the theme park world from across the web.

I fixed a lot of issues such as the way votes were counted and a few security holes, and added several new features such as photo, video, and trip report/review sharing.
The site is still focused on exposing awesome content from the theme park enthusiast world, so feel free to use the site to advertise your website, flikr account, blog, Youtube channel, ect. There's now more ways to increase your traffic through Thrillator than ever before.

There's still bound to be a few bugs scattered around though, so if you guys want to help test out the site, that would be awesome.