Author Topic: Headin' West  (Read 3424 times)

kristen

• View Profile
Headin' West
« on: October 05, 2008, 09:43:02 PM »
We have been crazy for the shows at the Opera House, especially "For the Glory" and just love every one!  We have Cassandra Haygood's CD, which is lovely and her influence on my daughter as a vocalist has been tremendous.   I wondered if the guy with the gorgeous bass voice (sings "Moriah" in Headin' West) has a CD, too?  I would love to have it!!!  Anyone have information on this?

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: Headin' West
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 10:15:50 PM »
His name is Will Matherly and to my knowledge he does not have a CD of his own.  I will pass your compliment along to him and ask about any recordings he might have.  He performs in the Dickens' Christmas Carol production as well.  You may be interested in knowing that he also sings in a band called "Dirty Old Towne," that features Irish and Celtic music.  They can be seen at Waxy O'Shea's down in the Branson Landing one or two weekends a month, and are currently producing a CD but I'm not sure when it will be ready.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

kristen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 07:59:05 AM »
Great!  I thought that was his name, but wasn't sure! Thank you for the information! I used to talk to him a little bit after "For the Glory", hoping each year that he would still be here to sing! I should head down to the Landing sometime to catch his band, too!  I could listen all day! :)

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »
He's the guy who's the bell ringer (among other parts) at the beginning of Dickens' Christmas Carol, isn't he?

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 08:57:13 AM »
Yes, occasionally.  The "town crier" and the "ghost of Christmas past" are usually played by the same person.  He is also "Marley" (the ghost that flies out over the audience) from time to time.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 04:01:18 PM »
Hey, Zephon, have you been able to change the slide for more continuity in the show?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 10:14:57 PM »
No...TPTB aren't very concerned about it, although it's as big a joke among cast members as it is among you guys and other guests.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 05:50:43 PM »
Hey kristen,

I talked to Will today, passed your compliment along to which he says Thank You.  He does not have a CD but is considering putting one together due to comments like yours...it may be awhile though.  I also found out that Dirty Old Towne plays at Waxy O'Shea's on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month....meaning they will be there this Saturday.  They don't usually start until around 11:00 pm because a couple of them are in evening shows on the Strip.  I also found out that the Dirty Old Towne CD will hopefully be ready by next St. Patrick's Day, but not much sooner.  Since a lot of the members perform in other shows, they can't all get into the studio together until January, but are trying to get ahead of the game by laying down a few tracks this fall.

Hope that helps.

kristen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 10:10:51 PM »
Yes, that helps a lot!  Thank you!