Author Topic: The Newbies Thread  (Read 178441 times)

LadyDrifter

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: New Member Here
« Reply #360 on: July 18, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »
Welcome!   :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 18, 2013, 10:48:10 AM »
Welcome to our little online hangout. Always happy to have new people :D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »
welcome, pull up a chair, and a beverage and join in....

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: The Newbies Thread
« Reply #363 on: July 18, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
Welcome keemhala

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 18, 2013, 06:51:37 PM »
Welcome keemhala!
Live life like it's the last day!

OzarkOutlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 21, 2013, 04:46:46 PM »
Hello, my name is Parker. I've been coming to the city since before I could even remember. I found this site by looking for information about old attractions and new/future ones. I love all the rides and the atmosphere and I think it's great family fun :)
Watch out, it's gonna blow!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #366 on: July 22, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »
Hello Parker! It's good to see another "Ozark" aficionado. ;D

If you love Silver Dollar City, then you have definitely arrived at the right place. I never knew there was anyone more nutty about the park than I am. Then I found the nuthouse itself, sdcfans.com! Welcome. :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 22, 2013, 12:31:42 PM »
I would encourage the people new to the forum to check out the history section if they are so inclined. Some great stuff here. Rube, Junior and History Buff are our resident historians and do an awesome job showing us pictures, old merchandise, and videos from years ago.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »
Welcome OzarkOutlaw!
Live life like it's the last day!

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 23, 2013, 11:42:20 AM »
Welcome to all the new folks! :D
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 27, 2014, 01:42:15 AM »
Hi, all! This is yer old pal, JUNIOR!  "Junior, too!" Is a user account set up specifically for my notebook. Don't want to confuse anyone. It's really me.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #371 on: April 27, 2014, 01:06:21 PM »
Why would you need a new account for your notebook? Can't you just log into your typical one? I actually use three different devices to check the site.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 27, 2014, 09:28:38 PM »
Since I became a member, I've been locked out of my account several times for weeks on end, and could not remember the password. I currently am locked out, so I created a new account to keep in touch. I am not tech savvy. So I wrote down the logon info for Junior, too! So until I can get back on to the main account when I remember the password, I will post here. You young folks can have a giggle on me! I still miss the IBM Selectric. If you don't know what that is you are under age 35. HA!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #373 on: April 27, 2014, 09:33:07 PM »
There is always a "forgot your password?" link on the login tab. You can use this to automatically reset your password through the email account you used to register.

plwoodie

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2014, 01:00:44 PM »
Hi my name is Holly and I have been going to SDC since before I could remember.  I grew up in southern okla and when we moved to Joplin it was a HUGE thing that we were only 2 hours away from Branson and SDC.  I think the first time we went to the park after we moved we got our season passes and have had them ever since.  I love SDC with my whole heart, its just something about that makes me feel almost at home.  I guess you could say its my happy place.  I even spent my 21st birthday at SDC this December.  Our annual Christmas trip with my family from okla fell on my birthday! 

I'm not really sure how I stumbled upon this site...I think it was through the SDC facebook page.  I'm a resident assitant at Pittsburg State University and spend a lot of late nights staying up on duty wasting time on the internet.  I decided to check the site out and loved all the forum posts.  I really wanted to know more about the city, especially the history, and so I decided to read on and have pretty much been checking the site almost daily since then.  And now I have decided that I might as well take part in the forums.  So, here I am!

Hi Holly! I work for a TV production company out of NYC and we're going to be coming to the park to show off all the great amusements SDC has to offer! We're looking for fans of the park who have grown up there and feel a deep connection with the park (as well as know the ins and outs). If you're interested or know someone who fits the part please contact me! Thanks!