Author Topic: Unofficial fun, at WW  (Read 3510 times)

OrdinaryFella

• WW Veteran
    • View Profile
Unofficial fun, at WW
« on: September 26, 2008, 08:17:57 PM »
I'm not looking to encourage any bad behavior here, but I thought I'd share some of the silly and at times, down right dangerous, things I've seen in my years at the park.  I've thrown in a few "Cliff Claven" bits that most folks may not know as well:

The phone soak:  Guard at top of the Tropical Twister calls Guard at top of Bermuda Triangle and maintains pointless conversation while Guard at top of Carribean Plunge dumps large cooler of ice water on Guard at top of Bermuda Triangle.  This is certain to bring 1. the laughter of nearly everyone who witnesses it, and 2.  a less than thrilled guard lead arriving to refill the now empty cooler.  This prank is best if the water is ice cold!

The "get in the water for the kid" prank:  This was at the old paradise plunge, the tall body slide that emptied into a pool.  The guard at the top gives the signal for a small child, that will be wearing a life jacket.  This is the signal for the guard at the bottom to get in the pool to "catch" the small swimmer (or non-swimmer).  As the guard navigates the steps into the pool, the guard at the top sends down a grown man or woman, who will arrive in the pool and give the unsuspecting guard one heck of a funny "Why the heck are you in the pool with me?" look.  The "larger" the adult, the better this prank was.  We did this at Typhoon tunnel as well, but not near as often since the pool guard had to use the ladder to exit the pool.

Can you imagine using one of the foods trays to ride paradise plunge?  Neither can I..... Neither can I.

Skate boarding down the Twister slide... never done that, but have caught a few doing it.

The old waterfalls at the top of what was once hurricane rapids can be quite romantic..... "Excuse me folks... this area of the park is off-limits..."

If you pay attention before and after the park is open, you'll witness all sorts of wildlife on park.

Twister rafts in the wavepool.  This, is actually not all that rare for the occasional employee event. 

If you hold your hands just right over the various spouts in "little squirts", you can drench the unsuspecting lazy river guard.

It is said that the number of steps from the bottom to top of twister is the same year the slide was built.

The guards at White Water are often "audited".  This is video taped and can be very stressful as it includes an all-out emergency simulation while the park is open, and in plain view of the guests.  Failing an audit can mean losing your lifeguard license.  These audits are performed by a third party, and are carried out without any member of WW's staff knowing when one will be conducted. 

The waves of the wavepool are generated by powerful air turbines. 

I'm sure there's more, if I think of any I'll post them.... if anyone enjoys this sort of thing that is...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 04:01:40 PM by OrdinaryFella »

sdcforever

Re: Unofficial fun, at WW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:27:06 AM »
^Those are great!  Keep 'em coming! :D