Author Topic: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16  (Read 28034 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »
I need to re-read the concepts, but with the time machine and the bull, I definitely got the spinner vibe, but with the silver mine...It looked more like the euro-fighter to me.

Maybe I'm not in the know enough to know what's going on, but it looked like from my survey that the mine concept was already zeroed in on because that is where all my questions came from. The other two concepts were just thrown in there to compare against the mine. Did everyone else's survey do the same?

Also, Swoosh mentioned that this was a completely indoor concept.....which seems to go against what is currently being constructed. Could we be getting a couple coasters in back to back years?

Jay

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2016, 09:53:44 PM »
I don't recall any mention of this being an indoor attraction on any level. And no one here knows with certainty what is on the horizon.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2016, 09:56:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure Swoosh put down any claim that it would be indoors.  Almost all of us would love it to be indoors, especially since it will probably have views of the surrounding roads if left outside, but I doubt we will get our wish.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2016, 10:10:58 PM »
I need to re-read the concepts, but with the time machine and the bull, I definitely got the spinner vibe, but with the silver mine...It looked more like the euro-fighter to me.

Maybe I'm not in the know enough to know what's going on, but it looked like from my survey that the mine concept was already zeroed in on because that is where all my questions came from. The other two concepts were just thrown in there to compare against the mine. Did everyone else's survey do the same?

Also, Swoosh mentioned that this was a completely indoor concept.....which seems to go against what is currently being constructed. Could we be getting a couple coasters in back to back years?

Jay

No, mine zeroed in on the Wild West theme and just kind of threw the others in as a side note.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 08:11:02 AM »

Jay

The eurofigter/infinity style cars are singles with a cap of  riders, the Silver Mine concept shows a multi car train for at least 16 riders based on 4 person cars.

All have towers  but #1 and #2 look spot on to the Waterboggan while #2 has more of angular look and not just a straight vertical look to them.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2016, 08:28:58 AM »

Interestingly I don't think I have seen one person defend or anticipate the spinning.   

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »
I've wanted a spinner for a long time, I like diversity in costers.

I also want a non inverting woodie. I feel that's basic theme park 101 just like a mine train coaster is.

My kids love spinning, me not so much.

During out most recent trips. My Daughter rerode Expedition Everest numerous times while the Son rerode that wild mouse spinner at Animal Kingdom. They both favored Tower of Terror over the Aerosmith coast at Studios. At Sea World San Antonio my daughter stayed on Steel Eel while the Son wore out Great White. Anywho, it shows not everyone likes the same things and to say that if you don't like a spinning coaster, no one else does is wrong. Parks all over are putting them in.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2016, 12:09:02 PM »
I don't recall any mention of this being an indoor attraction on any level. And no one here knows with certainty what is on the horizon.

Sorry, It was Shave's post where I got indoor part....

They might no go the G-fighter route, but there are plenty of ways to do something in the same vein as MM. Mack and Zierer make similar rides, plus there's always a B&M dive coaster. Hopefully this spinning coaster concept won't be the last time they look at mostly enclosing a coaster.

Jay

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2016, 07:35:17 PM »
I also want a non inverting woodie. I feel that's basic theme park 101 just like a mine train coaster is.

Same here. Idk why people always praise OR. It is nothing compared to FITH (or what it could be) and TNT. I wish we had Wildcat. I knew some coasters in the world are bad because they are small or boring somehow. Never thought a coaster could be bad by being too agressive, even though I heard about the head banging on MM. Wooden coasters shouldnt do what OR does and they shouldnt have been made to.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:39:30 PM by Laroy »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2016, 08:10:58 PM »
Wooden coasters shouldnt do what OR does and they shouldnt have been made to.
That my good buddy is the entire point.  Thats supposed to be like a bucking out of control ride in a stage coach.  Just like you see in a cartoon.
 They did a great job with that out of control feeling.  They will expand into other types.  I am proud to have an award winning ride at the park myself.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 08:11:58 PM by mhguy77 »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2016, 08:18:14 PM »
I can see that cartoon now. A family in a stagecoach going down a super bumpy, rocky road with no seatbelts or anything to hold them in and everybody bouncing up and down going WEEEE! WEEEE! Almost bouncing out of the stagecoach itself.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2016, 08:34:26 PM »
I can see that cartoon now. A family in a stagecoach going down a super bumpy, rocky road with no seatbelts or anything to hold them in
See, its not such a bad ride once you realise what they were going for.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2016, 07:35:56 AM »
It is for me. I still dont get why its all great and everything. Nothing compared to all the others.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2016, 07:48:34 AM »
It is for me. I still dont get why its all great and everything. Nothing compared to all the others.

Outlaw Run is the favorite wooden coaster of probably almost anyone who's ridden it. More like the others are nothing compared to OR.

I just hope they don't use the third concept. I'd be okay with either of the first two.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »

What others are you comparing it to? O R  set a standard most other woodies strive to achieve now. One of the best coasters I have ever been on bar none.