Author Topic: 2016 Meet Ups  (Read 13421 times)

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Meet Ups
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »
Looks like our clan will be there 5/28.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:49:10 PM by palallin »

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 05:38:22 PM »
Injun Joe will be in the park tomorrow for the first time in over 15 years.  I plan to be hootin',  hollerin', and generally whoopin' it up with tomahawk in hand from ropedrop to close,  or at least that is the plan.   Its been a long time and hopefully I get some of that old feeling again. This will also be the first time I've been to any park solo, but I just can't pass up this unique opportunity, so clear a (war)path, and hide the squaws and li'l injuns,   I'm comin' thru.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 06:04:10 PM »
Injun Joe will be in the park tomorrow for the first time in over 15 years.  I plan to be hootin',  hollerin', and generally whoopin' it up with tomahawk in hand from ropedrop to close,  or at least that is the plan.   Its been a long time and hopefully I get some of that old feeling again. This will also be the first time I've been to any park solo, but I just can't pass up this unique opportunity, so clear a (war)path, and hide the squaws and li'l injuns,   I'm comin' thru.

So have you been there since WF was built?

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:47 PM »
No,  in fact I have not.   The last thing I rode at SDC was Buzzsaw Falls.  I also rode the Waterboggan that day.   I've put on a lot of weight since then so hopefully I can fit on the coasters still.   The last time I rode a coaster was Batman in St. Louis and they literally stuffed me into the over the shoulders.  Two girls kept pushing till I fit.   Lol.

But no worries here, they'll be fun had no matter what.    Prior to that last trip,  I was at the City often,  so I can't wait to see all the changes I've only read about over the years.   And I'm excited to be seeing what hasn't changed too, maybe even more so.

Tonight I am on the strip and I must say I was very impressed.   I was under the impression that at least some of it was distressed but from 65 to Track 5 anyway it looks absolutely fantastic.   I'm a little old to be hanging out at the Track alone though so I've only enjoyed the karts and mini golf from a distance.  Maybe next time.  The ferris wheel looks great but I was disappointed the heli wasn't operating,  as I think I have the nerve now.

I did,  however walk through the Memory Barn at the toy museum and was thoroughly impressed.   I only wish I had gotten there earlier so I could have seen the entire facility and enjoyed it at a less hurried pace.  The proprietors were extremely accommodating though and gave me a discounted admission and offered to let me come back in the morning for free!   Some things never change down here,  it's good to know.   Unfortunately,  I'll have to tour it more completely on my next visit.   It really is neat.

I walked back around the bend (pretty active area tonight) to the Hollywood Wax Museum.  It was just as cool as I remembered from before.   I wanted to stop in Ozarkland, but they were closed for the evening.  So I bought a lovely green Branson "truckers hat" in the wax museum gift shop and called it a night after stopping in the Wendy's for a quick bite.

Strangely enough,  I was waited on by a nice lady from Jamaica.  I informed her that I had met a lady from Jamaica earlier working the bumper boats at Track 4.  (while walking by,  I had asked her if she ever felt like just jumping in and going swimming,  to which she replied,  no because it was too cold and she was from warm Jamaica.)  The counter lady then informed me that there was another lady from Jamaica working at the Wendy's and proceeded to trot her out. Needless to say,  I was somewhat perplexed.  I think maybe a vacation to Jamaica is in my future.   I shoulda had my palm read at the gas station cater corner from Clay Coopers.

Anyways, good times and if you're on site tomorrow,  b sure to holler.  I'll have my hat on looking for you and will check in here periodically through the day so long as I can hold a charge.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:41:36 PM by Injun Joe »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 12:21:23 AM »
I'll be there tomorrow in the afternoon.  I've been told that I either stand out majorly or I blend in and can't be found.  Apparently there is no middle ground.  I've got an agenda though so not sure how much visiting time I'll have.  Business trip more than pleasure
SWOOSH

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2016, 10:01:59 PM »
We will be at the city Saturday-monday

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 07:32:55 AM »
we are not scheduled to be back until the 24th of this month....

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 02:13:24 PM »
We plan to be there this Saturday and Sunday July 23rd and 24th- let me know if someone wants to meet up and say hi.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 03:46:47 PM »
At this point< I don't think I will be there Sunday after all..

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »
September 14!! Who else??
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2016, 08:20:27 PM »
Sept 16 & 17..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:21:34 PM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 03:35:48 PM »
Hubs and I will be at Classic and SDC Sept.9-18.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 07:54:41 AM »
Cheese,  we should be there the weekend of the 17th.  we will be staying down by the pool.  room 126..   Hope to see you.  have a safe trip.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2016, 01:54:18 PM »
Sanddune....we'll be in #13....hope tp see you too.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »
We shall visit the City, tomorrow, 9/9, with a small, group.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating