Author Topic: 2016 Trip Reviews  (Read 47711 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 Trip Reviews
« Reply #165 on: January 13, 2017, 08:31:04 PM »
The bad thing about not waiting in line is you don't get to see all the theme stuff.
I can go gawk at it, but then I just look weird...

Thats 1 thing I tell people. The line is a very important part of the ride. It holds most of the history, story, and theming. Without being able to look at it, new guests would probably be lost on the ride. It is never about the ride itself. It is about every part that is connected to the ride.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 13, 2017, 09:07:38 PM »

[/quote]

Thats 1 thing I tell people. The line is a very important part of the ride. It holds most of the history, story, and theming. Without being able to look at it, new guests would probably be lost on the ride. It is never about the ride itself. It is about every part that is connected to the ride.
[/quote]

That may be true for the majority of us, BUT the majority of the people dont look at it the way we do :'(

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 16, 2017, 06:59:01 AM »
I would suggest kindly that Dewayne has a point.   Even those good folks that may not know the difference between a theme park and an amusement park see the park with two eyes connected to cerebral gray matter.  I think the theming works subconsciously no matter what to at least some varying degree on everyone.  I'm not so sure about getting lost without a thorough examination of all ride theming, though.   I think that would be more of a value judgement.  Some theming that I would deem quality, is borderline believably rational at best anyway.