Author Topic: what is sdc coming to?  (Read 7087 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: what is sdc coming to?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 06:30:46 PM »
I no longer have computer access at work so I shall become a less frequent visitor to this site now

Noooooooooo!!!!!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 09:15:08 PM »
but it shines through even the worst managment ;D

Do you really think that Brad is that bad?
I have always thought that he was a really nice person who seems to know the business very well.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 09:22:51 PM »
I think he's talking about the higher ups. SDC's management itself actually seems to be pretty outstanding, despite a few shortfalls here and there. They've maintained an active effort to keep the park special and true to traditions, unlike other parks in the chain. It's just that as a chain, HFEC is caring less and less about being unique and creative and is trying more and more to be a brand name, and there's a few people responsible for that. (Let's not go into it too far though, I don't want to cause any trouble...  :-X)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 09:40:06 PM »
Oh so we're talking Tony, Jane, Joel, Rick and the two brothers - Jack and Peter.
I see.   :-X
SWOOSH

mike_kelly87

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 08:51:01 PM »
I have a few comlaints sume are are kind of stupid others well founded... I plan on sending them a letter at them end of the year.

First, and foremost, if you are going to have people directing customers going to certain lots, even if they are new, you probably need to take the staff on a tour. I had an experice a few weeks ago where and employee had no idea how the new lots were laid out. I can't imagne I was the only one with this problem.

Second, the season pass. The switch to bar codes is a plus, but it needs to take the final step. The passes need to be a photo pass that has a printed photo. People in the park will tell you it's cost prohibitive, but if a place as small as HW can do it so can HFE. You can use off the shelf software and purchase a relatively inexpensive zebra printer to print on a card with art already on it. It really isn't that expensive. I hate having to worry about taking the pass with ID if I am going to ride water rides or even White Water. They also need to reinstate free admission to Dollywood with an All-Cities pass. SF and CF both have passes that get you into multi-parks.

Bring back the old Saloon Show. It's been gone for quite a while, and it was based on history...

Thats my 2 cents worth.