Author Topic: The Grand Palace  (Read 33344 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand Palace
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
Grand Palace was sold this morning at auction for 5.4 million dollars.  Bought by a group out of Nashville (and other locations) called Kingdom Wealth Builders LLC.  More details from Hometown Radio:

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/6175/breaking_news_grand_palace_sells_at_auction.html

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
Interesting...we will see how things turn out. Maybe they can have some shows by the late fall or for the Christmas season.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2011, 07:10:52 PM »
well good, hopefully they do have big plans, and soon..

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2011, 11:38:14 AM »
The article mentioned renovations. I wonder if they are talking about a spruce up, or a total facelift. Either way, this is very interesting news for the building, and future shows there!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
with deep pockets, the options a limitless for that building.....

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2011, 06:49:14 PM »
We are anxious to see what happens as well. That was a huge part of Branson for a long time, I as a local hope they do it justice!

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »
Any update on when renovations might start?  Didn't see any activity the times we passed by last week.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2011, 05:43:57 PM »
My guess is the group that last proposed and started improvements has faltered and failed. There have been many people like them that have come and gone in Branson. Probably, someone else will pick up the pieces and turn the place back into the showplace it once was.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2011, 06:08:25 PM »
Yes, the group that had the winning bid at the auction could not come up with the cash.  The Grand Palace is back on the market again.  A national firm that specializes in commercial properties is trying to sell it this time.

From Hometown Daily News:
http://www.hometowndailynews.com/6612/breaking_news_update_grand_palace_for_sale_again.html

From Branson Tri-Lakes News:
http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_69c82678-ba15-11e0-a727-001cc4c03286.html

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »
Heard that on the duck tour today
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2011, 08:11:22 AM »
WOW!!  high bidder!  NOPE just the people with biggest ideas and hopes!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
Perhaps they should auction it like NASA did with the space shuttle program, and give the job to the lowest bidder. ;)

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2011, 07:50:37 PM »
If someone would just come in and commit! That is the biggest seating theater in town, used to have big names come in; I think it could happen again BUT need to have the cash to put up front and then get the reward. The music industry gets the rep with always having big money behind "them".....depends on who "they" are. I remember when the Oak Ridge Boys" played there before their theater so, it can be done. We had oh can't remember at Mansion and over 3,000 people last year. IF the theater can be put back into place, then need to get the promotions to get maybe the "newer" names here? If I win the lottery I would seriously look into it myself!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2011, 07:55:02 PM »
I saw Kenny Rogers there a few years ago. So yes, it can draw big names. It's just a BIG investment in a not so good economy.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett