Author Topic: Does Anyone Here Live In Branson?  (Read 4170 times)

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
Does Anyone Here Live In Branson?
« on: August 16, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »
Just wondering.. do any of you on SDCFans actually live in Branson? If you do, what is it like living there? Is it fun living around all that entertainment?
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Does Anyone Here Live In Branson?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:25:31 PM »
No, I don't live there. But I really really really want to. Does that count? My nephew's dad is from there. I think his grandparents still live there. But, no, for the record, I don't live there

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 04:42:43 PM »
Lived in Branson 1978-1984. My brother and his family still live there and are involved in the restaurant and catering business. I currently live about an hour and a half from Branson, so my wife and I visit from time to time. My Branson years (high school and part of college) were great! That was the place for me to be during that period of my life. Ten thousand times ten thousand memories.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 05:28:36 PM »
Hmmm. There are things to like and things not to like, kinda like any place. Putting up with tourists tries our patience (some, or should I say a lot are such idiots), on the other hand they pay our salaries, so....  The cost of living is higher here than in the surrounding communities, so that's not fun. I never buy gas in Branson, I go to Branson West. I don't know of anyone that frequents the shows on a regular basis...when your job involves shows, or show support infrastructure, you kinda want to get away from it on your time off. But still, there are a lot of fun things to do when the mood strikes. Speaking for myself, I guess because we love entertaining, it makes living in Branson worthwhile.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:31:45 PM by Zephon »
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »
I often think I'd like to live there too, until I see how much money I can blow through in just a week there! lol. I know exactly what you mean about the tourists, Zephon, I live and work near lake of the ozarks, and man, the iq must drop 100 pts when people get away from the city.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Saaam!

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • Celebration City-Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
Hmmm. There are things to like and things not to like, kinda like any place. Putting up with tourists tries our patience (some, or should I say a lot are such idiots), on the other hand they pay our salaries, so....  The cost of living is higher here than in the surrounding communities, so that's not fun. I never buy gas in Branson, I go to Branson West. I don't know of anyone that frequents the shows on a regular basis...when your job involves shows, or show support infrastructure, you kinda want to get away from it on your time off. But still, there are a lot of fun things to do when the mood strikes. Speaking for myself, I guess because we love entertaining, it makes living in Branson worthwhile.

I always thought living in Branson would be an adventure, but then I think of the downsides. Busy parks, restaurants, and other entertainment places, then always-tourists. My mom wants to buy a timeshare in the Thousand Hills lofts, which we'd basically live in Branson for the summer. That would be good enough for me, if I ever get bored, I could go across the street and play miniature golf at that Dinosaur golf place with the big volcano!
| Formally "Thunderbolter" |

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 08:41:29 PM »
Someday...

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 09:13:27 PM »
I spent my summers out here with the grandparents growing up (they lived in Ridgedale outside of Branson on Table Rock Lake) and fell in love with Branson. I kept saying I would move here someday and finally 30 some odd years later (for me anyway), my husband and I moved here in 2008. We didn't know what kind of jobs we would have (coming from Denver it is a sticker shock at first), we just wanted a simpler way of life. Still have grandparents property, Mom is watching over it until she is ready to give it up and then it will pass to us. Jobs can be easy to find if you show you are a good canidate. Didn't think I would do hospitality work yet here I am and love it! Lance works as bartender as well + Xmas lights, keeps the bills paid. If you can live where you work well....not much gas used.  ;) You just have to keep in mind, things get done when they get done there is no rat race here. As a local, there are perks, in the winter well that's why you save for a tropical vacation!  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:03 AM »
we come down to branson about once a month, almost all year around.. So it seems like i live there sometime.

My Landlord can be a real pain sometimes.. (Paige ;).  LOL

I just wish i could get the local discounts for the shows.!! ;) ;)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:59 PM »
My ultimate, probably unattainable dream is to become a famous novelist, with a large enough bank account to build my dream estate in Saddlebrooke. It's in such a beautiful area, and the drive to visit SDC wouldn't be too long.

Plus, I just think "Saddlebrooke" sounds like the perfect name for an eccentric older lady author to live... LOL

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 05:13:40 PM »
Have you drove through there before? I've always thought it would be the perfect spot also but I don't know how $nice$ it actually is.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »
No, haven't driven through there, but the scenery nearby, driving past the entrance on 65, looks nice. All the beautiful rolling Ozarks with not all the development of in-town Branson.