Author Topic: Top of the Rock Cave-Trail Ozark History Museum  (Read 6777 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Top of the Rock Cave-Trail Ozark History Museum
« on: July 26, 2015, 07:29:29 AM »
I saw a video on YouTube about this place, looks interesting. I have been searching up on it on-line for the last couple of weeks. I wanna try it sometime, has anyone ever taken the cave-nature trail - Ozark History Museum tours? I see you get to drive a golf cart, cost about $35.00 a person to do both. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!!
Live life like it's the last day!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Top of the Rock Cave-Trail Ozark History Museum
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 09:09:34 PM »
I drive past TOTR every time I go into Branson so one day I pulled over.  I was taken back by what they had done.  It looks like a movie set up there.  Its really worth the visit.   I thought the golfcart was 20 per person and I intend to go after seeing the layout.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:29:32 PM »
Went last year, it was 20 dollars per person,  the carts hold up to 4 people...  This year they added a 10 dollar parking fee. ( which I think is BS, if they wanted more money, increase the rate to 25...  Don't charge me to park for a 1- 1 1/2 hour attraction..
If you do go, drive slow take your time, look at all the sites..  I did enjoy it. 
We then went up to the TOTR clubhouse, checked out the restataunts (a little pricey), the museum which was not open yet, and just a general look around..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 06:35:36 PM »
Yikes, I was ready to go until you mentioned $10 parking, Sand!  I think I'll pass.  That's just not right.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »
Yikes, I was ready to go until you mentioned $10 parking, Sand!  I think I'll pass.
I cant believe I am saying this but here goes.  There is not much room up there to park with all the "stuff"  I think the $10 may be as much to keep it thin in as much to raise some funds.  The restaurant was very high I thought, the menu had 4 items and was basically 50 per person.  Kinda high for an impulse dinner. His other properties are money makers the stores always have affordable things to buy.  Maybe the parking is to replace those funds that are lost to NOT having a bunch of junk for sale.  I think its ok to keep some places special, that way when we do go its feels like we did something.  Johnny Morris does fine work and its worth a price to see it.  Now I think $10 to park and have 4 people load out isnt such a bad deal if you are only going to rubberneck but if you eat or take the tour maybe they should validate. With the lack of land I can see the need to charge if just to keep the crazy self y stick crew out.........You know you have seen them at SDC>

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 02:09:18 AM »
MH.       Validate is a good idea..  Make a purchase, park for free.. ;D

Your right about restaurant prices, the Pro shop looked pricey to.  I think I heard 128.00 for 2 guys to play a round of gold.

Just wait until the open up the New Sinkhole exhibit.!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 05:35:00 AM »
Thanks for all the replies!!  ;D

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 07:36:19 AM »
On the 1branson board, some folks said that they received a $10 voucher to use which would offset the $10 parking fee -- but some folks said they didn't receive a voucher.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 07:49:58 AM »
On the 1branson board, some folks said that they received a $10 voucher to use which would offset the $10 parking fee -- but some folks said they didn't receive a voucher.

I read that too Biscuit.. Have not been able to verify that detail yet..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 06:36:11 PM »
I just read the TripAdvisor reviews for TOTR.  They are mixed as expected.  Many complaints about the quality and price of the food, and the necessity to for men to wear a collared shirt at all restaurants.  Anyone visited there lately?

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 09:21:25 PM »
Not yet.. Would like to, just dont know how this Thursday & Friday are gunna go. Dont plan on eating there, so that counts me out on food & a collared shirt. :D

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 02:13:48 PM »
When we were in Branson in Sept.  I won the Big Cedar prize raffle at Terry Sanders Homer Lee charity show. We will stay there in the Falls Lodge Premier King room for 2 nites in Nov. The prize included vouchers for the tour of the properties, cave and Museum a lso vouchers for Breakfast to $45.00 and Dinners up to $75.00 each persoń. We should have fun.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 07:14:57 AM »
Cheesehead you won a great prize.  Big Cedar is certainly a first class place.  Please report on your stay.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 03:32:52 PM »
When we were in Branson in Sept.  I won the Big Cedar prize raffle at Terry Sanders Homer Lee charity show. We will stay there in the Falls Lodge Premier King room for 2 nites in Nov. The prize included vouchers for the tour of the properties, cave and Museum a lso vouchers for Breakfast to $45.00 and Dinners up to $75.00 each persoń. We should have fun.

WOW!  Cheese, just read this, congrats, yes let us know how it goes..  when are you going to be in town?