Author Topic: Stone Mountain Park Under Fire  (Read 12261 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Mountain Park Under Fire
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2015, 08:53:17 PM »
Blast away fellow cleansers, take all the history away that offends someone and when you get down that relief of the generals you can replace it with Al Sharpton and Bruce Jenner.  I myself will stay away and shake my head because I have reasoning power, something most Americans desperately trying to be " correct" are lacking.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:53:54 PM by mhguy77 »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2015, 09:25:56 PM »
Oh yes I also forgot this this marks the demise of "For The Glory" ever returning........its about the war between the north and the south, it makes light of the situation, celebrates and glamorizes, and Lord knows somebody will be offended.  NO WAY we can ever have that back at the park.  I almost forget better tear out Flooded Mine cause I think those Prisoners are doing slave labor......RIP IT OUT!

How sensible is this?
Maybe we need to grow up a little and set an example.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:03:00 AM by mhguy77 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »
No, I think the president is actually going to pardon all the prisoners in the mine anyway.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2015, 11:13:45 PM »
Compromise

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 08:44:09 AM »
Compromise
You forgot the isis sign and " Hands up don't shoot" .............

Good one though, very good one

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »
I really get exasperated at the insanity and selfishness that we are surrounded by these days.  Maybe this is the reason I enjoy the park to go to " another place and time".  Lets fight to keep the history (what's left) in the experience and not push it away and act as if it never happened.  There are lessons with this history and when you remove the relics you essentially remove the history.  Dachau still stands as does Auschwitz, the pyramids and the sphinx.  Maya ruins.  Statues that the insurgents in the middle east have already destroyed to public outcry.
They are history and most should be preserved.  When I was a boy we broke a hurricane lamp that was on the mantle horsing around, my parents left that broken lamp on the mantle, every time I walked by and saw it I was reminded of what caused the destruction and knew not to repeat it or I would be looking at more of my handiwork.  This was a lesson, or as I like to refer to it "history", each passing I was reminded not to repeat.  The lamp condemned my actions and reminded me that if I acted that way again I would have to explain to visitors to the house why I was so slow to learn.  Removal = cleansing = memory loss.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:57:40 AM by mhguy77 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »
I like that analogy, mh.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating