• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Quote tags

Started by shavethewhales, July 12, 2015, 12:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shavethewhales

Please try to use the quote tags properly - if they get messed up it can be harder to follow the conversation.

Each quote should be wrapped in quote tags like such : [quote ] [/quote ] without the space before the last bracket.

The quotes should look like this:

This is a quote

Most of you simply click the little icon in the top right corner of someone's post, which then automatically creates a quote of that post's text with the tags automatically generated like such:
[ quote author=shavethewhales link=topic=2642.msg50913#msg50913 date=1374597923]

Don't delete any of the quote tags, and don't add your own text until after the final [/quote ]. This will keep everything orderly and properly attributed.

joshblakebran

OOPS...sorry that was probably me. I'll try to do it correctly from now on.
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

lol, not calling anyone out specifically. I've gone through a number of posts from a bunch of users to fix tags. Sometimes even I will mess one up in one of my posts.

runner1960

Quote from: shavethewhales on July 12, 2015, 03:44:07 PM
lol, not calling anyone out specifically. I've gone through a number of posts from a bunch of users to fix tags. Sometimes even I will mess one up in one of my posts.

How do you double quote in a post ?I know it's easy, but I cannot seem to find the easy way.

History Buff

This button atop the entry you wish to quote will wrap everything in their post
into your quote().  If they have used a quote, it will also be in yours.

I "always" use the Preview button to see my post and affirm that it looks right before posting.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

For a double quote, you would basically have two layers of quotes like so:

[quote ]
[quote ]

Original post being quoted

[/quote ]

Second post response to original post

[/quote ]

(you would reply to the quote chain down here)

If you hit the quote button on a post that already has a quote in it, the tags will still generate automatically. Just remember to add your text below the final [/quote ] tags

joshblakebran

Thanks for the help...
Colorado SDC Fan