Author Topic: The Photo Trip Report Thread  (Read 11309 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: The Photo Trip Report Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 04:26:55 PM »
I probably won't go back to SFOG in the foreseeable future. Nothing against the park, just nothing there that makes me want to drive all that way to visit.

If they add a coaster I might stop in route to Florida to just ride it and then head on.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 05:48:38 PM »
I probably won't go back to SFOG in the foreseeable future. Nothing against the park, just nothing there that makes me want to drive all that way to visit.

If they add a coaster I might stop in route to Florida to just ride it and then head on.

That park can be sketchy at times. Being from Memphis, we liked StL better.

Did you not route in Alabama Splash Adventure with it's retracked woodie. Watch hinges that park as it gets Holiday Worlded.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 06:05:36 PM »
LAKE WINNE 06.05
http://midwestinfoguide.com/migcrew/2015/lakewinnie/

Winnie is a timeless treasure, old school. One can have a great little vacation in Chattanooga.

Tennessee Aquarium, Winnie, Rock City, battlefield, catch a Lookouts game, other stuff and either before or after, a side trip to Lynchburg and visit the square with bluegrass music and the Distillery. No booze at the end, Jack is made in a dry county but you can buy college tor bottles at the end. I'very got a dozen bottles registered with them. They send back a certificate of ownership.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 06:14:24 PM »
I've been to Alabama Adventure before. Other than Rampage there is nothing there currently that I care about.  I rode the Rampage when it had 3 pot holes and I was able to do a "one-click" seat bar ride.  I flew all over the place during our ERT session.

SFOG was fine with regards to the crowd. Schools were still in session down there and I went on a day without field trips.  I do admit it was weird being in the majority for a change at this park (if you know what I mean).
SWOOSH

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2015, 12:50:53 AM »

Memphis and STL calling Atlanta "sketchy"?  :D

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2015, 08:16:05 AM »

Memphis and STL calling Atlanta "sketchy"?  :D

Memphis has no park at the time and experience tells me that StL did a better job at the controlling the behaviors of the local patrons. I don't mean the black folk but usually the roving packs of teens of a races. Maybe it's changed but in the 90s and early 2000s ATL' s Six Flags was a mess the two times I hit it. Libertyland never really had unruly behavior in my experiences except at MidSouth Fair time but it was a small park, it suffered from city ownership and that was the #1 reason for it's downfall as the parks budget kept being raided. It's the same effect you see with Mud Island, city owned so reinvestment is at a minimum so it's become tired.even though it has great features like the scale model of the Mississippi and the never updated River Museum or to renovate the amp,.which is still a great concert venue without the investment needed.

I can't help but think a great update and feature for the River Museum would be a soaring type of attractions where you fly down the river starting in Minnie, while over StL, you smell the brewery and fly over a Cards game, you fly over and with migrating waterfowl, in Memphis you fly by the river  during the BBQ championship and you smell the cooking and when you get to New Orleans you buzz the French Quarter at Mardi Gras and you smell urine.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 05:04:57 PM »
When it hits the French Quarter the smell should be a mix if stale urine, and vomit. Uniquely New Orleans, I tell you!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »
When it hits the French Quarter the smell should be a mix if stale urine, and vomit. Uniquely New Orleans, I tell you!

Yeah, forgot the vomit.

Mix in cotton fields, steamboats chugging upstream, wetlands and bluesfest at Helena, a plantation in LA, and an oxbow lake with cypress and tupelo.  I think it would be a winner and a perfect addition to a
Mississippi River Museum.

Smell the Que
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:54:31 PM by chittlins »