Author Topic: Crowds  (Read 3607 times)

Viking000040

• View Profile
Crowds
« on: April 08, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »
Hi Y'all,
My roommate and I are looking at making a road trip to the Ozarks during the last week in May.  I haven't been to Silver Dollar City since the mid -70s and she has never been.  We know to stay away from the park on Memorial day weekend itself, but what kind of crowds can we expect on the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday following Memorial day?
We are planning to be in the area for 4 or 5 days, with 2 days spent at SDC.  We are also looking into the Passion Play, Shepard of the Hills and a cruise on the Branson Belle.  Please feel free to make some other suggestions. 

Any suggestions for nice but economical places to stay?

We both enjoy our food, I wear a 3x shirt, will we fit on most of the rides?

Please feel free to chip in with pointers and suggestions!

Thank you,
Eric

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Crowds
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:10:21 PM »
If the crowd levels are like they were last year after memorial day you will love the park. We went the week of memorial day and the crowd felt just right. The only difference this year is that it will be season pass appreciation week so there will be people on the rides before opening. Other than that enjoy!

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:19:34 PM »
All that sounds good. You wont want to miss Amazing Pets Show, Comedy Jamboree, and Grand Jubilee all at Grand Country. Since that will be the first week of Summer Break, which means hot weather, you might wanna go to White Water, do go karts, mini golf, lazer tag, Dick's 5 & 10 General Store, and dont forget Branson Landing, with the free Water And Fire Show, and shops like Bass Pro. I hear that Branson's hotels/motels are cheaper than most other places, but I recommend Stone Castle Hotel, even though it might be pricey at about $60 for 2 people, but it is definately worth it. If you can, leave all pets at home and try to get in Building A or B. Those buildings dont allow pets and the furniture looks much nicer. All this wouldnt be enough stuff to do once for 4 or 5 days, but im sure you will find other stuff to do. Showboat, I hear, is better this year.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:21:46 PM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
1st. t-w-th should be low attendance, that week there is NO festival. Always a little slow right after a 3 day weekend..

2nd. Make sure you do the 4:oo on the Belle with Casandre, Excellent show!,  Your other options all sound good and you have the right ideas. Lots of show to see.. if you want discount show tickets call Michele at All Access Branson, 417-332-2121, No gimmicks and they will deliver to the motel for no charge,

3rd:  Motel? As a member of this forum you can get rooms for 40.00 per night at Classic Motor Inn, nice place, several of us here stay there all the time.. Good locations, decent breakfast, pet rooms available, smoking rooms available...  Nice place....

4th, as long as your waste is under 42-44, you should be able to ride most rides,,

5th.  Have a great Visit.!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »
I wouldn't normally correct word use, but the teacher in me needs to point out that if someone's waste is 42-44, he needs to call 911 and go to the emergency room immediately.  However, many people have a waist that is 42-44.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 07:51:34 AM »
I wouldn't normally correct word use, but the teacher in me needs to point out that if someone's waste is 42-44, he needs to call 911 and go to the emergency room immediately.  However, many people have a waist that is 42-44.

WOW!!  HB!  Nice catch, I stand corrected, I never do that, LOL. I may misspell them from time to time,,,.. I always hate it when people use words in the wrong context..   ;D

Also, hour (our) Classic Motor Inn Rate is 38.00 per knight, ? or is it 38.00 per night?. ;)

Viking000040

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 10:56:48 AM »
Great thanks for the replies.  We will check out the motels mentioned.  Thank you the tips for other things to do.
We are looking forward to enjoying the area.  IF you have anymore tips and/suggestions fell free to pipe up.

Thanks again!
Eric

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 11:42:23 AM »
Typically, that time frame is not hot in Branson.  It's usually very pleasant.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 02:30:16 PM »
Viking..... My hubs ands I will be at Classic Motor Inn after Memorial Day ...May28  arriving thru June 10. Maybe see you  there.

Viking000040

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 02:37:56 PM »
Viking..... My hubs ands I will be at Classic Motor Inn after Memorial Day ...May28  arriving thru June 10. Maybe see you  there.
Cool.  We aren't sure if we will be leaving on the 28th or 29th but we will keep an eye out for you!
Eric