Author Topic: 2015 Trip Reviews  (Read 70690 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Trip Reviews
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2015, 01:42:17 PM »
Thanks for posting everybody...and welcome CaptainTom
Colorado SDC Fan

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2015, 08:07:47 PM »
yes, Thanks for posting all the reviews, pics, & videos, ya all!!  8)
Live life like it's the last day!

aidensproudmomma

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »
I'm a newbie. My son and I went to SDC on Sunday, we had the best time! The last time we were here was about 4 years ago. We started with breakfast at Molly's, which was awesome.  I was actually surprised at how good it was. He loved the Fireman's Landing, he is 7 so we didn't do the coasters but pretty much everything else. The morning was great but by the afternoon there were tons of people.  I ended the day with a red velvet funnel cake (amazing!) and take home cinnamon rolls. I'm so glad I got the season pass, we will for sure make the trip back in a month or two.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 11:18:02 AM by aidensproudmomma »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 06:04:34 PM »
Welcome Proud Mama!

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 04:20:41 PM »
Breaded deep fried dill pickles....BURRRRRRRRRRP.  Excuse me, now I feel much better.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Because you can never have enough photos of Fireman's Landing here are my photos finally
http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/silver/2015/03.22/
SWOOSH

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »
Thanks for the pics Swoosh...the new area does look great and I know my boys will love it...
Colorado SDC Fan

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »
Nice photos, Swoosh, thanks!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:56 PM »
Another great set of pics,

And as Swoosh said...  There are so many details to look at! 

They went all out on the theming on this project.!!

W.P. Warburton

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • "It's a Rockslide....Look Out Below!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2015, 01:37:50 PM »
Was at SDC for YCW, very cold Saturday, crowds were heavy. Still fun was had by all. Been coming here since late '70's and every time I find something I missed before. For example, lines were long for WF and I had always wondered where the stairs in the queue building led. Well I was able to find out that there was an entire queue line upstairs that went completely around the gift shop balcony..I really enjoyed seeing all theming elements up there and blueprints. Also, we were eating at The Mill buffet which we usually do (or the mine buffet) our waitress asked us if we were keeping up with our plates and that we were sitting at the buffet table, I shrugged it off thought maybe she was going senile. Wrong!, I was the slow one, my plate was in front of my son across the table and my daughters empty plates were in front of me...another trick table LOVED IT! I knew there was one in the mine restaurant but not there. Always something to be discovered in the city even for us that have been going for decades!

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »
^^ I figured the stairs out also the last time we were there, even though we didn't have to go up there. When we were there, I noticed theming on TNT because we actually waited to ride it instead of just walking in. I also realized that SDC loves to use clocks in theming. They have them for WF, PK, and OR. They must have fifty clocks in the city on the wrong time.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 08:37:05 PM by Tmboote »

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »
We went Sunday the 19th.  It was fantastic!  The 80% chance of rain kept people away.  Got a close parking spot and straight on a tram.  No lines to wait in to get in.  Hit the Expo first.  The only time we ever waited is when we got in line just after a ride started.  Did the Coaster, Tea Cups, Frogs, Elephants, and Regata.  They are redoing the Elephants!  The ride operator told me they are doing them as they get a chance.  Which means half of them still look terrible but at least they are fixing them. 

Decided to hit the Zuma Zuma show.  It started at 11:30 and we got there at 11:20.  Walked right in and found a great row of seats.  It was a good show but didn't hold Anna's attention well.  Next was the landing.  We rode every ride and thankfully, didn't have to go in to the ball pit.  :)

Had pizza for lunch.  It was okay as always.  I fully appreciated Half Dollar Holler for the first time!  We took the kids and let them run for an hour while I sat and enjoyed the sun and Tony wandered on his own.  It was great.  A ride on the carousel and a stop in the bakery for cinnamon bread (they didn't have any) and we were out of there. 

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2015, 11:39:05 PM »
Went on the Showboat today. It was pretty good. Definately different and a little bit girly. Here is a photo.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2015, 07:55:21 AM »
"a little girly?"  ???  Not sure how you come up with that.?

The new show on the Belle is an excellent show.

Christopher James is a season performer and a great Emcee, he is funny and does great illusions
"Rhythm" is a new  Clogging group this year,.  This group of 4 guys do some amazing moves and dance/clog/tap routines
Casandre' is an Awesome singer with an super voice, Alos new this year, I am glad to see her back to work. She had taken a couple of years off since her and   Tim had a child 2 1/2 years ago
THe back-up band has a couple of new members and sound very good
The Showmen have a couple of new members, and I feel like could stand some serious "tweaking", but do pretty good.
All the performers work together to provide a good show,
All new show, Several new people, New outfits....  all in all a great show.!
Of course, the meal is pretty good too! ;D

I would for sure suggest The Casandre' show for adults or family.  Their show is called "Celebrate Blue"
Don't forget, SDC pass gets you a 1/2 price discount to some of the shows.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2015, 08:39:40 AM »
Thank you for proving my point.  :-\ Again I say its pretty good. Its a little girly because of all the girly princess stuff. But its still good!