Author Topic: Silver Dollar City - Non Profit Volunteers  (Read 7828 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Silver Dollar City - Non Profit Volunteers
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2015, 01:33:38 PM »
That sounds amazing Rube! I'm glad you got to fulfill a lifelong dream. I wish I had read your post about where you working before I was at the park. I would have stopped by to meet you (not that you would have had much time to talk).

I always used to say that whenever I retire I was going to work at SDC. Maybe that'll still be the case...you never know!
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 03:21:13 PM »
Rube, I've already commented on this thread, but you said something that made me take note and feel it necessary to respond.  I know your father-in-law (I think?) has celiac?  You wrote that between seasonings your job was to sanitize the equipment!  Yahoo!  That will guarantee (well, usually) a gluten free product to those with celiac that can usually only eat the plain product as the seasonings contain gluten.  I know this won't matter to most reading this post, but to a celiac that has a hard time finding anything to eat in this type of environment, that is great news! I usually eat a twisted tater with confidence, but any time there are seasonings in a booth, I'm very leary and shy away from it.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 12:07:46 PM »
Yes Gilligan, the bins and utensils are sprayed and wiped down after each new flavor is completed. Having worked in food as a manager, and having a nut intolerance/ migraine trigger, I know what a small amount can do to someone. I know it will never completely get rid of all cross contamination (like on a list that says "produced in a facility that..."), But it is a step in the direction to allow the Gluten Intolerant enjoy the plain Pork Rinds. I am one that if what I want to eat is near something I cannot have... I avoid it, but in this case all attempts are made to not cross contaminate. I do not speak on behalf of the park or any other entity, so please do not hold me, or SDC to the issue, but I am glad what I shared is a possibility for you!

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2015, 04:49:19 PM »
Glad for your happy experiece. It is a special place to work.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"