Author Topic: Where do the "stars" live?  (Read 3933 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Where do the "stars" live?
« on: February 05, 2015, 07:57:06 PM »
Watching the promos for Very Barry got me wondering. I've heard some have homes on the golf course off Green Mountain (Thousand Hills?). I suppose some also could live in that gated community across 76 from the 265 intersection. Other than that? I've spent a lot of time driving around in and out of town and haven't really seen any other exclusive looking subdivisions. Anyone have any ideas? Junior?
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Where do the "stars" live?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 10:14:41 AM »
I think Point Royale is one location.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:45:39 PM »
Jim Stafford used to live in a nice log house in a subdivision down Acadica Club Road past CofO right on Taneycomo. Janet Dailey lived in what would pass for a mansion on Taneycomo located down Lakeshore Drive. Andy Williams was in a condo next to a golf course not far from his theater, I cannot remember the name of the development. Wayne Newton lived in a triple wide mobile home with a pool and deck surrounding it reputed to have cost $300,000 at Ozark.  At one time I think Barbara Fairchild was in an ordinary suburban house off Lakeshore Drive. Janet Daily later bought Olde English Inn at Hollister, and I think she lived there after her husband died. That is all I know about, and may have a few of my stories here wrong, please forgive.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 05:09:30 PM »
There are a few in the big homes in Pt. Royale behind my condo. Andy Williams' wife still lives there.  Charlie Pride, the Lennon Sisters, and some of the Osmonds lived there for awhile.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 06:31:54 PM »
Forgot about Pt Royale. And also the homes across Taneycomo, I knew there were some nice ones over there.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 07:09:12 PM »
We took a cruise on Table Rock once, and they pointed out where some of the "stars" lived.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 07:17:04 AM »
Semi related to where they lived when I worked at the apple dealership in springfield mo we regularly had branson stars as customers. The ones we helped the most were the Haygoods, Yakov, Todd Oliver, and the Osmonds. We also helped boxcar willy. It was always kind of cool to have them come in. I saved the Haygoods show hard drive a few times in my 8 years at Database Systems.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 07:39:09 AM »
Took me a minute to figure out what an "apple dealership" was.  ;D

Nice story.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 09:25:02 AM »
^It's what they are calling a roadside fruit stand, these days.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating