Author Topic: Red Roof Mall......!!  (Read 6592 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Red Roof Mall......!!
« on: May 10, 2014, 04:18:41 PM »
well here is your answer,,,,,, we have been wondering about it for a year of so....

My first thought was...OH BOY!!  more traffic on 76!!

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_96664dda-d7c8-11e3-bf27-0019bb2963f4.html

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Red Roof Mall......!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
That's a huge project.  I hope it works out and brings wholesome values along with it.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:06:57 PM »
That's quite an undertaking...I hope it works out.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 09:47:55 PM »
Do you think it will "eventually" lead to a new team, based in Branson, calling themselves the "Branson Performers" ?? :D
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 09:57:10 PM »
This is a brilliant development for Branson. It will boost the family friendly orientation of the towns tourism focus, bring in a younger customer base, and make the area more relevant to young families.

Traffic is traffic, Branson can't live without it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 10:19:05 PM »
I think White Water will definitely benefit from this. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 05:56:42 AM »
I think White Water will definitely benefit from this. 

As a person who played on a highly competitive summer travel team that played many out of town tournaments it will be good for hotel rooms and eateries but not much else as those kids will two and three games a day. I can see it benefitting places you can hit quick like a Tracks but not places you spent half a day or more. It will certainly plant seeds in the families that visit to come back without baseball in mind so it's good on that end and a worthy endeavor on that end and with so many places going for the sports tourism dollar the mini replica stadiums is something that may help it set itself apart from the rest.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 09:27:22 AM »
We are coming July 14th through 19th for USSSA Softball World Series in Branson. The length of this tournament requires us to book six nights of hotel rooms for our team, plus there is a special night at SDC for all the teams, and many more opportunities for the girls and families to do events in Branson. White Water of all the "big" attractions looks to be a definite stop because they are open until 10:00 for several nights we are in town. We are also looking at doing a couple of shows. But this is a week long event, they stagger games and purposely schedule "Branson" events for the tournament.

Weekend tournaments are much more crazy. I've done baseball and softball, and if you are in the winner's bracket, you have a little bit more down time than you do if you are on the loser side (of course when you knocked out of the bracket you have a lot of free time then). What I really like about this concept is the idea that there would be restaurants,  hotel rooms (dorms), shops, etc... right there at the fields. It would be really nice when you have the two hour breaks to be able to go to your room and cool off and relax between games. Hopefully they don't forget the little brother and sister.....ball parks make a ton of money off those guys. Also if White Water would do a "tournament pass" that would allow a multiple day admission to the park for the teams......I could see them selling a bunch of those.

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 02:17:51 AM »

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »
Looks like we are getting something similar closer to home. I wonder what impact if any this might have on the Branson project.

http://lakeexpo.com/news/lake_news/multi-million-dollar-baseball-complex-on-deck-at-the-lake/article_2200728a-b225-11e4-86b6-b731bb8b28fd.html
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 09:22:54 PM »
WOW,  Sounds like quite a project..   

Hard for me to believe there is a demand for that type of facility...

BUT hey what do I know? I am an old fart that could care less about sports!!  LOL ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 08:34:37 PM »
Looks like we are getting something similar closer to home. I wonder what impact if any this might have on the Branson project.

http://lakeexpo.com/news/lake_news/multi-million-dollar-baseball-complex-on-deck-at-the-lake/article_2200728a-b225-11e4-86b6-b731bb8b28fd.html

Probably next to none.  There's a complex in Columbia, MO and it won't have any impact either.  The one being built in Branson will more than likely have a bigger draw than a regional park like you linked to
SWOOSH

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 04:03:25 PM »
I didn't think it was going to put the Red Roof project under, but I would still think there would be some overlap. Is there really that many kids that play ball? I mean really Camdenton and Branson are not that far apart and neither is Columbia and Camdenton when you start thinking about how far people travel for tournaments.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 05:40:09 AM »
Yes.  Traveling team baseball/softball is huge. It's almost stupid how big it is
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 08:53:52 AM »
Yes.  Traveling team baseball/softball is huge. It's almost stupid how big it is

It's insane. Memphis wants in on this as it redevelops the area around the Liberty Bowl and some of us have pushed for a complex that honored old Negro League parks complete with an exhibit honoring the players from the region.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:57:05 AM by chittlins »