Author Topic: Season pass ordering problems  (Read 10046 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Season pass ordering problems
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:57:25 PM »
Has anyone else had trouble with the website to order season passes? I first tried right after Christmas before the price went up and some of the vouchers got taken away, and kept getting an error message "we're sorry your order did not process, please call 800-xxx-xxxx). I called the number and either got an intercept (not working recording) or a fast busy. I tried two or three different credit cards over several days on several different computers with no success. I tried again shortly after New Years, when the price went up and some of the vouchers went away, same story. I tried again last night, same "we'rehe  sorry your order did not process" crap. I called the number again, and finally got through but got a recording telling me ticket office was closed.I'm trying to buy 6 season passes. I was going to buy WW/SDC combined, but after this nonsense I'm about to give up. Last night I tried just ordering SDC stand alone (I have tried this before) with no better results. I'm sorry but their e-cart system SUCKS. Each time I go through this I have to put in all 6 names, addresses, birthdates, etc. and ends up being a 15-20 minute process that gets me no where. I work during the day and really don't have the time to call during their business hours of 8-5. I keep getting emails telling me the vouchers are all going way January 31. I'm going to try this one more time, and if it fails again I guess we won't be going this year. I realize 6 passes is not a big deal to SDC but to me the $800+ is a considerable amount and I would really have expected (and usually have got) better customer service than this.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Season pass ordering problems
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 07:10:04 PM »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 07:10:55 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 07:31:22 PM »
my guess is too many orders at the same time trying to beat the deadline.  I've had that kind of problem before and ended up having to order on the phone.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.  you might send them an email with the problem.  good luck
I'm Your Huckleberry

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 07:44:56 PM »
That's what I thought too the first 4 or 5 times I tried it. It's now been almost a month and about 20 tries with no success. I've also done this every year, the same time of year for 7 or 8 years now and have never had this problem before.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 08:09:51 PM »
Maybe I missed you saying that you had... but have you tried actually calling the park?
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 08:16:30 PM »
it's probably on their end but what version of internet explorer are you using?
I'm Your Huckleberry

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 08:26:12 PM »
i asked about the version of ie because i couldn't get some things to work on their website and ended up going to Tools and adding the site to Compatibility View.  just a thought
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
People still use ie? 😕
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 03:25:16 AM »
People still use ie? 😕

LOL.! 
Yes, Yes we do.! ;D

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 06:59:38 AM »
You can see in the screenshot that Firefox has being used, and the OP called the number listed several times.

It really irritates me when I want to buy something and keep getting error messages. I shouldn't have to use a different browser, or clear my cookies, or jump through any other hoops to get a website to work when I'm wanting to buy something from a business. They should make sure their website is compatible with all browsers, etc. I'm guessing that SDC's ticket office is probably on a skeleton staff at this time of year, which is why the number isn't working after hours. At the least, they should make sure they have voice mail set up so they can return calls when they do have someone working. I totally understand the OPs frustration.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 08:09:56 AM »
SDC's ticketing system is antique. Just try to buy a 1 day ticket at the gate or do the $ 30.00 Thursday promotion. It takes forever and the operator needs to go through several screens just to sell a ticket, gathering all kinds of useless information. So I would bet that the website ordering is just as old and out of date. You should not have to call to purchase your pass either. If I would have had to go through your ordeal I would give it up and go elsewhere.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 09:41:06 AM »
People still use ie?

Not by choice. It is a requirement for the hospital I work at.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 05:53:39 PM »
I finally was successful. On my lunch break I called the 800 number while at the same time started the online ordering process-again. 18 minutes later, someone finally answered which also happened to be the same moment I clicked "purchase". This time it worked. I told her what I had been going through. She was very nice and apologetic (I realize this is way out of her control) and said that right after Christmas there was some problem with credit card verification in Missouri and that now it's a last minute rush to order. I did not get into what the excuse was for the three weeks in between that it wasn't working either. She did check to make sure my order processed and I thanked her and said goodbye. As to the questions asked: I have never tried using any version of IE. I use Firefox on my PC. I also tried ordering using my iPad and iPhone using Safari. I'm pretty sure it was not on my end. I called multiple times, either getting a fast busy, a busy, an intercept recording, or a message telling me they were closed. I'm pretty sure someone has mentioned this before (I know it wasn't me) that this would be soooooo much simpler if I could just renew my passes from this/last year. To my knowledge no one's gender, birth date or address have changed.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
glad you got it worked out.  yes they do need to make it easier.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 07:55:03 PM »
If it makes you feel any better it won't work for me with Chrome tonight either.
SWOOSH