Author Topic: Baldknobbers: Reality TV??  (Read 24842 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Re: Baldknobbers: Reality TV??
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 06:32:01 AM »
Ok, well, i will be the one to stand differant on the show. I enjoyed it, alil' drama goes along ways. Of course, i looked at as if i knew nothing about it. I am kinda anxious to see what becomes between the blonde & the brunette. There is "cuties" - "crybabies", & "bosses" in any group of people. Maybe its a bad deal for the Baldknobbers show & Branson, but that does not bother me. I just enjoy the fact of watching something that is located around Branson & SDC.

Short story.... We had a reality show here in KC having to do with dirt auto racing in the KC area. And the drivers, crews, & fans were told to dramatize things as much they could. The show only lasted 1 season, maybe 6 episodes. Sometimes it got real serious too!!

I am giving this show a chance. As many people go to Branson, who knows where this will go. Yeah, it may die, but it will be fun just to watch. I plan on watching the Barry Williams one too. -- Remember, this is just my opinion.  :)
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 07:45:05 AM »
 :)  How-do.... 

LOL... Glad you enjoyed it (somebody has to).. 

You can watch it and if something important is said or done, you can update us here.!!   

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 08:14:24 AM »
Ok, well, i will be the one to stand differant on the show. I enjoyed it, alil' drama goes along ways. Of course, i looked at as if i knew nothing about it. I am kinda anxious to see what becomes between the blonde & the brunette. There is "cuties" - "crybabies", & "bosses" in any group of people. Maybe its a bad deal for the Baldknobbers show & Branson, but that does not bother me. I just enjoy the fact of watching something that is located around Branson & SDC.

Short story.... We had a reality show here in KC having to do with dirt auto racing in the KC area. And the drivers, crews, & fans were told to dramatize things as much they could. The show only lasted 1 season, maybe 6 episodes. Sometimes it got real serious too!!

I am giving this show a chance. As many people go to Branson, who knows where this will go. Yeah, it may die, but it will be fun just to watch. I plan on watching the Barry Williams one too. -- Remember, this is just my opinion.  :)

I will agree with How Do. I broke down and watched it. The first time through I was not to impressed but the wife wanted to see it so I gave it a second go through. I believe it is somewhat scripted but not totally. After the second go through I get it. You are kind of seeing the backside of the Branson entertainment industry.

I am no fan of Branson shows but this gives you a glimpse of the behind the scenes infighting that I would imagine goes on with all Branson shows not just the Baldknobbers. It also touches on the Power struggle within the family to control the direction the show will take in the future. Brandon Mabe who is the son of the Droopy character is trying to make the show more relevant to the times. There is also a younger sister who wants to be on stage but does not have the talent. The brunette seems to be a little power hungry and wants in the family.

One thing I thought was interesting was that the other Mabe family ( not sure of his name) was on the show but did not ever speak. I am sure this will change in future shows.

All in all it was typical reality TV. Some people will be mad because it shows a side of Branson that they believe does not exist or should not be shown. But, why put on blinders and pretend things do not exist. I also watched the documentary we always lie to strangers and thought it presented a good perspective on the other side of the Branson industry.

I do not get the channel that Barry Williams show is on so I will not watch it, but never was a fan of him anyway. My wife would jump on it in a minute though. 

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
Here's an article from Branson Tri-Lakes that was published after the first episode aired:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_19c3ffda-92bb-11e4-86ad-2b04dadde50f.html

Does anyone know if the potential investor who was in the first episode already has investments in Branson? For some reason I think he is one of the owners or producers at Music City Centre but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:36:32 PM by biscuitcreek »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 08:38:03 AM »
Here is my post without How Do's quote. I messed up the quote button.

will agree with How Do. I broke down and watched it. The first time through I was not to impressed but the wife wanted to see it so I gave it a second go through. I believe it is somewhat scripted but not totally. After the second go through I get it. You are kind of seeing the backside of the Branson entertainment industry.

I am no fan of Branson shows but this gives you a glimpse of the behind the scenes infighting that I would imagine goes on with all Branson shows not just the Baldknobbers. It also touches on the Power struggle within the family to control the direction the show will take in the future. Brandon Mabe who is the son of the Droopy character is trying to make the show more relevant to the times. There is also a younger sister who wants to be on stage but does not have the talent. The brunette seems to be a little power hungry and wants in the family.

One thing I thought was interesting was that the other Mabe family ( not sure of his name) was on the show but did not ever speak. I am sure this will change in future shows.

All in all it was typical reality TV. Some people will be mad because it shows a side of Branson that they believe does not exist or should not be shown. But, why put on blinders and pretend things do not exist. I also watched the documentary we always lie to strangers and thought it presented a good perspective on the other side of the Branson industry.

I do not get the channel that Barry Williams show is on so I will not watch it, but never was a fan of him anyway. My wife would jump on it in a minute though.

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 03:44:54 AM »
I wonder who's idea it was to have them sing their commentary?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 09:59:40 AM »
...so they could bill it as the "first musical reality show".  It really is disturbing.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 12:54:06 PM »
Yes I watched both episodes also. I agree with prior mentions that this type of behind the scenes stuff likely happens at every show. Shoot it happens everywhere. PERIOD. Everywhere, even in many households these days.
--Now maybe the Baldknobbers may be in a little deeper than some "businesses" for two obvious reasons.
1-This company is made up "mostly" of family. (Most "family" businesses need more non-family employees to keep even keel)
2-Look at everything on the Baldknobbers plate! -- A theater, a motel, a restaurant. Any one can be money makers or money losers. Branson has such a high volume of each of these type of places, I cant really imagine any of them making money hand over fist. A small profit-yes-a huge profit-no way.  Now if any one of Baldknobbers properties are doing real well, then the other 2 might stay afloat, but if all 3 are doing marginal, then it could be doom real soon.

I think instead of a "reality show" I would opt for a sale/lease of my losing investments and focus on the money maker. Or focus on the most potential property.

I actually worry about this often at my work. The owner of my company owns 8 used car lots. 3 auto repair shops, Rv sales/service dealership, 1 auto body shop, 1 RV body shop, 1 auto/RV detail shop, 1 RV/bus detail shop, 1 towing company, 1 transport company.  That is having your hands in many places, any one of which could win/fail in a huge way anytime.
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2015, 06:12:47 PM »
I don't think the Baldknobbers own the restaurant anymore.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2015, 10:09:55 PM »
They own it but lease it out to the giant chicken all you can eat crap guy. In my opinion you should only associate your name with quality products and the restaurant is defiantly not that. Maybe when the agreement with foogle expires they can get a more upscale better operator.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 08:21:05 AM »
lease it out to the giant chicken all you can eat crap guy. In my opinion you should only associate your name with quality products and the restaurant is defiantly not that.
Off topic but are those places that bad?  I have never stopped at the Big Chicken.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 01:50:53 PM »
Fogle's restaurants are known as Fogle's Fatal Five.  It sounds like he owns a few more than five of them now.  Yes, they are bad!  But, I have heard mixed reviews on the big chicken place.  Fogle's places are always in trouble for many, many health violations.  One of his places was caught with a dead coyote in the freezer last year.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 03:56:43 PM »
If it says buffet to me it is bad. Ate at the baldknobbers for breakfast one time. Ordered off the menu and the waitress went and got my food from the food bar. I left and will never go back.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 12:04:15 PM »
I couldn't find anything on yesterday afternoon, so I somehow ended up watching 1.5 episodes of Branson Famous.  Reminded me of why I don't usually watch "reality" tv; it's so stupidly over-the-top dramatic.  The first time the girl started her singing confessional I was really thrown for a loop.  Oh well, if it helps them make some money...
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »
We had not been watching but had it on the DVR so last night we sat down and watched all the episodes in a binge.  Actually this is getting better as it progresses. The editing seems to have improved and the storyline is getting better. In no way do I see this as real. I would not even venture to guess how much is scripted, but it is entertaining. The Mabes are a talented family that just need to get on board in updating the show to what a audience  wants in 2015, but to me that is the problem with the entire Branson entertainment industry. If we go to Branson this summer which is doubtful ,I think The Baldknobbers might get a chance to earn my business. It is not really my cup of tea, but the curiosity thing has gotten to me. BTW , I have seen some post on Facebook that the Jan. shows are being very well attended. Maybe the reality thing is working.