Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180378 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #480 on: September 13, 2016, 09:53:26 PM »
I don't get why it is taking them so long to build some signs.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #481 on: September 13, 2016, 10:12:46 PM »
Probably because it's being done in park and it's not the only project currently being worked on right now
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 25, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 25, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »
Thanks for the update Swoosh.
I'm Your Huckleberry

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #484 on: September 26, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »
So they used the Disney-fied version of the logo, but took out the sparks? Kinda looks like they tried to compromise weirdly between old and new. Not that it matters though, just a nit-pick. Are the bottom signs interchangeable or is the "Home of American Craftsmenship" permanent?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 26, 2016, 08:40:05 PM »
I imagine that it'll be changed out for each festival. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 26, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »
The signs?
May I say the theme really does appear to be gone.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #487 on: September 27, 2016, 06:52:37 AM »
So they used the Disney-fied version of the logo, but took out the sparks? Kinda looks like they tried to compromise weirdly between old and new. Not that it matters though, just a nit-pick. Are the bottom signs interchangeable or is the "Home of American Craftsmenship" permanent?

Sparks?

And as someone on here stated before, it definitely has that generic Rollercoaster Tycoon vibe going on with it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:47:26 PM by sdcfan88 »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 27, 2016, 07:26:55 AM »
Why in the world did they locate the electrical box right in the front? They should have hidden it behind somewhere.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 27, 2016, 07:38:51 AM »
Why in the world did they locate the electrical box right in the front? They should have hidden it behind somewhere
May I say the theme seems to be gone,  This is a far cry from the waterfall sign with the Axe on top.  Apparently I am on old man, a has been who thinks
that you should let Disney be Disney, Six Flags be themselves and SDC should remain different.  They do seem to be conforming to the bland "nice"look that the other parks use. This also further erodes the idea" that is SDC.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 27, 2016, 09:04:23 AM »
Why in the world did they locate the electrical box right in the front? They should have hidden it behind somewhere
May I say the theme seems to be gone,  This is a far cry from the waterfall sign with the Axe on top.  Apparently I am on old man, a has been who thinks
that you should let Disney be Disney, Six Flags be themselves and SDC should remain different.  They do seem to be conforming to the bland "nice"look that the other parks use. This also further erodes the idea" that is SDC.

I agree. Awhile back, it was suggested that some of us were overreacting about this sign. But look at this thing!! In what world does this look like it belongs at Silver Dollar City? It looks like it belongs in front of a gated suburban community. With a little bit of thought and creativity, this sign could have easily been built with hewn timbers. They've got an employee who does that for a living! The rustic, primitive look is popular everywhere these days except, it seems, at Silver Dollar City. It baffles me. That's why I worry so much about new projects and expansions at the park. It seems that the PTB either don't understand or no longer care about the park's theme. I know it's just a sign, but it's representative of so much more. This is like buying a cheap fiberglass front door from Lowes and putting on your nice log cabin.

Rant over.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 27, 2016, 10:26:56 AM »
Pudgy, I looked at the photos and thought the very same thing - looks like a sign in front of a gated community - and then read your comment about the same time I was thinking it.  LOL!  Gave me a good laugh!  And, you're right - the rustic look is very in right now, especially with new homes.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 27, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »
I really do not see that much wrong with the sign itself. Things move forward and the old design looked a little 80ish to me. Like I said before though why stick that electrical box right in the middle?

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »
My 2 cents....

Thought the old ones where fine....I agree that the finish looks like the 'fancy' siding from Lowes....lol  "No more wood....SDC is making it to the middle class now Ma!!!".....lol

I'm ok with a small budget for new signs....especially if the rides budget is getting bigger  ::)
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2016, 04:27:28 PM »
I really do not see that much wrong with the sign itself. Things move forward and the old design looked a little 80ish to me. Like I said before though why stick that electrical box right in the middle?

Isn't the electrical box for the stop lights?   That would be county's doing not SDC
SWOOSH